Freeviews March/April 2020

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by makaiguy, Mar 21, 2020.

1. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Just announced:

Movies and television have always been a welcome escape in difficult times. With many people staying at home, we’re giving our video customers additional content at no cost during this time. We’ll kick things off by providing an extended complimentary preview of SHOWTIME for our DIRECTV and U-verse customers starting today until March 26 (if SHOWTIME isn’t part of their current video package). In the coming weeks, we’ll offer additional previews of premium channels, while also expanding to include our AT&T TV and AT&T TV NOW customers:

STARZ: 3/26-4/2
    EPIX: 4/2-4/16
    HBO: 4/17-4/20

Source: https://forums.att.com/conversation...h-epix-and-hbo-later/5e760b99e071815907e98220

sharppoint62, dtv757 and Dishdude714 like this.
  2. jal

jal Icon

Mar 3, 2005
    I noticed the Hd Extra Pack is on, but for one Hallmark Channel. Been watching Smithsonian this morning. Anyone else see these channels activated?

3. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Complete list of Freeviews from AT&T's COVID-19 response page which also includes other information like what they are doing for customers at retail, FirstNet, Employees overall (like call centers, etc.) DirecTV in US & Latin America, etc.

The Freeviews for the movie channels apply to to DirecTV US, U-Verse TV, AT&T TV and AT&T TV Now customers btw

Also for DirecTV US & U-Verse TV customers:

Additional ways all video customers can access content during this time:
    • On Demand: Access to thousands of movies and shows. DIRECTV customers just need to connect their receiver to the internet to take advantage of this content.
    • Kids On Demand: The best of kids content in one easy location with an internet connected receiver. Watch full series or favorite episodes anytime from Nickelodeon, Disney, and Cartoon Network, all with recommendations by age.
    • TV Anytime, Anywhere: Turn your mobile phone or streaming device into another TV by downloading your TV app and sign in with your account credentials. You can watch your favorite On Demand shows or live TV anytime, anywhere.
    • Sports streaming included: While sports are postponed, customers who subscribe to NBA League Pass can stream past NBA games via the NBA app, powered by WarnerMedia’s Turner Sports.
    Additional free content for our DIRECTV and U-verse customers during this time (Hint, hint for y'all in packages lower than Xtra!):
    • More News & Entertainment: We’re adding the following channels to DIRECTV and U-verse packages (for customers that do not currently have this programming) to keep customers entertained and informed:
      • News: BBC World News , CNBC, CNN, CNN International, Fox Business Network, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, One America News Network
      • Entertainment: American Heroes, Aspire, AWE, AXS TV, Comedy.TV, Cooking Channel, Crime & Investigation, Destination America, Discovery Life, DIY Network, Eleven Sports, FM, Fuse, FX Movie Channel, fyi, Great American Country, GSN, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, HDNET MOVIES, IFC, Justice Central, LMN, MGM HD, MTV Live, Nat Geo WILD, OWN, Oxygen, Science Channel, ShortsTV, Smithsonian Channel, Sony Movie Channel, SundanceTV, The Weather Channel, Travel Channel, TV One, UPtv, WGN America
      • Kids: Discovery Family, Disney Jr., Disney XD, Nick Jr., Universal Kids

longhorn23 and Dishdude714 like this.
  4. codespy

codespy Go Pack Go!!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    I just noticed HD Extra Pack is on too. I can always tell because my autorecord for Epic.Awesome.Videos started recording again around midnight this morning.

Dishdude714 likes this.
  5. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I also noticed this morning that the HD Extra Pack is lit up and working on my receivers and there has been no notification about a freeview of these channels. Maybe DIRECTV is opening them up because so many people have to stay home for a while.

6. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    They are making a lot of channels normally in higher packages free during the COVID-19 pandemic I copied & pasted the info from their COVID-19 page above and all the Movies Extra Pack channels are included in this.

7. the future is now

the future is now AllStar

Jun 9, 2010
    Los Angeles
    wow, thanks for this update!

8. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Why not just turn all of these on now?

APB101 likes this.
  9. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    I would assume it’s up to the channel owners

10. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    a lot of the channels in the 400s are also turned on now as well.

11. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Also kind of weird that 567 and 572 are grayed out in my guide but they are working when I click on them. 564 is grayed out too, but get a x721 on it.

12. catocony

catocony Cool Member

Oct 15, 2009
    MGM is grayed out and doesn't show up in "Channels I Receive", but it does work. Sony and HDNet do show up and are not grayed. I assume it's just a programming update that hasn't hit yet.

Of course, every time I hit pause and 5 seconds later it goes the AT&T propaganda screen or worse, the Charmin commercial, it reminds me that after 20-some years, I really need to drop DirecTV.

13. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Peace Out!

14. richall01

richall01 Godfather

Sep 30, 2007
    South Georgia
    Dogtv channel 562 is on!

15. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Even dogs need something to watch when stuck at home. :D

16. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    That was on last Saturday also when I searched. I forgot to share that earlier.

17. Visman

Visman Legend

Feb 16, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I would like to see sports pack turned on also. I know their is no live sports but their are repeats on.

18. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I have the Sports Pack. Many of those Replays are Blacked Out & Not Available to you if you are out of Market for whatever Replay an RSN is showing. In fact I have always had the Sports Pack & have been paying for it but I am thinking of canceling it because I really only need it for Baseball Season. But even then I am thinking of getting rid of it because much of the content is becoming blacked out on it.