Friday Night Lights "A Sort of Homecoming" OAD 11/18/09

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by jodyguercio, Nov 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I don't really understand why this show never caught on. Again a stellar episode, so glad that directv had the sense to take over this show when NBC wanted to kill it.

Where is the Riggins/HS girl thing going to go? Landry and the tomboy an item? Why won't Dad back the East Dillion Lions?

2. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I love this show

And once again a very strong showing by all involved

3. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I agree. It was just the right amount of angst with some triumph as well to keep everyone going. Next episode will be a heartbreaker.

4. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I wonder where it is going to go with the Assistant Coach denying what Julie brought up to him, is he going to turn it around on her somehow?

I agree with Jody, this is one of the best shows on TV, can't believe it is not on a major network. Which is OK with me, I'd rather watch it on the 101. (commercial free)

5. sdicomp

sdicomp Godfather

Sep 12, 2006
    Agreed! This season has me anxiously awaiting the next episode, much like the first season! Love the new plot twists!

.....and can't wait to see Coach Taylor get his revenge against the 'Panthers'!!

6. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I suspect that there is either a twin (yeah, stupid) or there is something on the coaches side that is messed up .. either total denial, way in the closet or multiple personalities .. something on his side regardless.

Julie's reasoning, actions, etc. Re: going to the bar were well defined to the point that (1) we can assume it was legal, (2) she would conceivably tell her parents and (3) all "interested" parties seemed to know her situation (except Coach of course). Either way, I just don't see how it could be turned against her based on the way it was presented. Coach has to be hiding something that will likely come back and bite the lions at some point.

7. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I thought it was a great episode.

The Riggins thing definitely has disaster written all over it. He's 18-19 (on the show) and she's maybe 16. And the fact that he slept with her mom. Nothing good can come of that.

I have a feeling that Landry is in for some tough times once some of the other kids at the school see who he is "not" dating.

It was alluded to the fact that the one dad was hurt so he couldn't play pro ball. I wonder if he just sees what he missed out on and is angry about that.

- Merg

8. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Agree 100%. With all the "big name" shows we record each week, this is probably the one I look forward to watching the most.