1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday Night Lights: OAD 10/28/09

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by jodyguercio, Oct 29, 2009.

1. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    It's so good to see this show back on the air. Peter Berg directed last nights episode and I thought it was very well done. It's going to be fun to see where this goes this season as we know some of the regulars are leaving.

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    The poor lions need some meat .. :lol:

3. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I thought it was a great Season Premier, and judging by the previews, it is going to be another great season.

4. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Yeah, they took a beat down.:lol:

5. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    whats up with having Friday Night Lights being on a Wednesday?

6. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    It ws really hard to watch though, knowing that everything was going to go wrong. But they still always manage to surprise me!! The way Coach handled the second half was totally NOT what I was expecting.

I missed seeing Tammy at the game, and I missed the old crew.
    I guessed what would happen with Riggins this episode and down the road.
    I HATE JD's dad.
    What happened to Janine Turner? Love her.

7. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I hate JD and his dad.:)

What's the deal with JD's character? He was timid and never talked last year, now he thinks he is "the man"? :confused:

8. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    JD is growing into his "fame" .. I expect we'll see a meltdown at some point.

9. Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    He's got a coach that was hand picked by his father. His father pretty much runs the football team now. He has no role models to teach him respect. He can act like the spoiled little rich kid that he is now.

10. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Just an outstanding season premiere, can’t wait until the next episode

11. spunkyvision

spunkyvision Godfather

Oct 12, 2006
    I loved it when we saw that idiot buddy running beside the golf cart

12. nitty316

nitty316 Legend

Aug 27, 2008
    Based off previews for e2 it looks like Buddy will be helping Coach.

13. FarNorth

FarNorth Godfather

Nov 27, 2003
    Thanks, Direct, for getting behind this show. Surely in the top 5 shows on TV.

One minor quibble: No decent coach would ever forfeit. Ever.

14. ncxcstud

ncxcstud Icon

Apr 22, 2007
    I think a coach who has a team comprised of individuals who had never (really) played before, who barely has enough players to fill out an entire roster (there are like only 30ish kids on the team it looks like), and who has seen that his team got absolutely destroyed physically, would come to that logical conclusion.

I think it shows that Coach Taylor is a BETTER coach than the others because he cares more about the guys on the team than he does the "W" on the schedule.

Besides, I don't think he really wanted to forfeit and knows what it'll look like to the outside world.

I too see Buddy getting behind Coach Taylor and sponsoring them to get better uniforms/facilities and such (besides, we it already shows in the opening sequence that they get better unis at some point).

15. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I can't wait until next week considering that the preview showed mailboxes of the Panther players on bare lots with no homes. This is gonna be a good season

16. Ric

Ric Godfather DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 26, 2002
    It is the south - maybe the star players just hook up their trailers and move the East Dillon :)

17. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    +1. I'm so happy the show is back... and apparently as well-written and acted as before.

18. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    My wife said the same thing about JD and his dad. They are both a-holes.

And to answer what happened to JD's mom, she left his dad after she saw him hitting JD in the parking lot last season after one of the games ( I had to ask my wife, she remembers the little things like that ).

I want to know what's up with the weird sculptor dude?
    Is he the reason that Matt is going to leave, or is what he said to Coach's daughter the reason?

19. FarNorth

FarNorth Godfather

Nov 27, 2003
    DTV folks, we're pretty lucky. A friend is trying to get caught up so she bought the season 2 and season 3 DVDs. Come to find out, 5 eps at the end of S2 were ONLY carried on DTV and are not available on any DVD set .......... they're just gone so she was asking me questions, what happened to Smash, how did Riggins and Lila get together.

Looking around on the 'net, seems to be a lot of folks confused.