1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday Night Lights

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by gulfwarvet, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Dec 7, 2007 #1 of 11
    gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    i really like the show, which this kind a reminds me when i was younger playing high school football.

so what's your guys opinion about the show?

2. Dec 7, 2007 #2 of 11
    Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    The amount of football is getting shorter and shorter and the "soap opera" longer and longer. It's more about the ladies on the show than the football players anymore.

3. Dec 7, 2007 #3 of 11
    fineware

fineware AllStar

Jun 12, 2007
    +1, exactly

4. Dec 7, 2007 #4 of 11
    sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Loooove this show. I got a "Buddy Garity" autograph pic 2 weeks ago. The actor a regular at our grocery store.

5. Dec 7, 2007 #5 of 11
    jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    My wife has been with the show since the beginning and I tried a few episodes and left it came back this season and now I am remembering why....not that its a bad show, I could just do with a little less of all the drama that goes on but thats just me, I'll keep watching and see where we end up

6. Dec 9, 2007 #6 of 11
    gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    right on about to much drama, but remember these are high school kids football players. and i think the producers wanted to remind us that there's more to the kids life's than football that builds the team. they also directed this towards both genders as entertainment that both could enjoy.

but i would wish they would get the speed up on things.

7. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Found this at E-online:

"Two Hours Left? Sob: According to sources, one option NBC is considering for Friday Night Lights is to "wrap it up" as a two-hour movie of the week. That's not nearly enough, if you ask me (five more seasons might suffice), but at least it's something. We're also hearing the show has already been looked at by at least a few other networks, but so far, no new home. In the meantime, some of you genius fans got together on the WWK message boards and launched this site to try and save the show. Any and all FNL fans should check it out and get moving!"

8. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    The show was better last year, but I watched and enjoyed every episode this year as well. Alas, another one bites the dust :(. A two-hour wrap up movie would be nice, though.

9. RUBBLE

RUBBLE AllStar

Mar 6, 2006
    I really like this show. I've been watching since it began. They are getting away from the football, but I think they have to if the intend to stay around. It will be interesting to see if they plan to follow the characters after they leave high school of if they plan to add new characters. The present characters should be out of high school after this season. It remains to be seen if the show continues. I hope it does.

10. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    tvguide.com reporting thursday nbc is looking for a network partner like the cw or usa to keep the show alive for a third season.

11. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    But it also says NBC is asking too much money.