1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fringe Finale

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Diana C, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    I'm surprised no one has started a thread on this already, so here it goes...

I loved this final season! I have been re-watching the first and second seasons on the Science channel which has been a real treat...seeing how they wove threads from those early episodes into this final season (the White Tulip being the crowning touch).

Fringe was little slow to get its footing that first season, and I think the alternate universe storylines were sometimes a bit labored, but all in all they always managed to entertain. Watching the growing relationship betweem Olivia and Peter, and especially between Peter and Walter added a human element that is often lacking in scifi (at least done with the light touch and authenticity seen in Fringe).

I'm going to miss these Friday evening exursions.

2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Also enjoy the final. As I am one of those people who believes in the possibilities of alternate universes I had no problem with ending.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
  4. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    I am not normally a fan of violence, but when the lights in the skyscraper started going out I knew Windmark's days were numbered, and I almost cheered for Olivia.

It was GREAT to see Olivia regain her Cortexephan muscles.

5. russ9

russ9 Godfather

Jan 28, 2004
    9 out of 10 universes agree.

6. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Thanks for starting the thread, and Stew thanks for that link.

Loved it, they were really a great family, and I will miss them.

Olivia, Peter, Walter, and Astrid ... And at the end Daniel and Michael ... a great group, going on their journeys ... man, what a shame it's gone.

And the cow at the end ... and references to the past ... that was great.

7. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
  8. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    A terrific finale. Was very happy that they could wrap it up.

- Merg

9. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Guess I'd better start (and finish) watching before my "vintage" '07 DVR decides to crap out! I had seen the first couple of episodes and remember being impressed with the relative lack of commercials.

I did check out the first half of the first season marathon on the Science Channel (too lazy to scroll down the folder list) and had intended to pick it up again, later.

By most accounts it sounds like it'll be worth it. All 99 are now there (first 1 and 1/2 copied to a larger drive, of course, back in '09 holiday break just in time not to miss anything).

10. litex2x

litex2x Legend

Sep 8, 2012
    One of the last great scifi shows left on tv has come to an end. :(

11. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    I deliberately stopped watching this a few episodes ago so I could let the last few build up on my DVR. So this weekend I'm going to have myself a little Fringe marathon.

12. dhaze

dhaze Cool Member

Apr 23, 2012
    I too enjoyed the show. I kept with from the beginning and also thought they did a great job of wrapping everything up at the end. I have also been recoding the reruns on Science channel, got like 35 or 40 episodes on my dvr. Great show, definitely will miss it.

13. LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    This has been one of my favorites, will miss it....... :(!

14. renbutler

renbutler Godfather

Oct 17, 2008
    +1

Thanks to FOX for giving it a very long leash and let it play out despite the ratings.

Once it got beyond the "freak of the week" m.o. from its first days, it became quite gripping television.