1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From Comcast to DTV - my Postives!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by orbeavhawk, Jan 7, 2011.

1. orbeavhawk

orbeavhawk Mentor

May 17, 2010
    A little over one month ago I finally left Comcast, after several years [Dish before that], and signed up with DTV for the first time. Thus far I am VERY GLAD that I made the change.
    1] I am saving money - at least for my 1st 2 years.
    2] PQ is comparable - as is the programming.
    3] Audio, Dolby Digital is AWESOME and unbelievably BETTER than my Comcast Audio signal. I LOVE this - the signal is so much stronger I don't have to use the UP Volkume near as much + I am hearing things in Surround Sound I never would have heard w Comcast Audio.
    4] Did not have Comcast DVR only HD service. BUT splurged with DTV and am GLAD I did - have the HR24 HD DVR and I LOVE it......they really give you alot of features to use if you want to - GREAT!
    5] Service - I have had to call about a couple of small things and was very impressed with the GREAT personal service that I received.
    6] My bill remained the same......just got my 2nd billing and, as it should have been, it was the SAME as the first, and should remain that for the 1st year. WHAT a relief - with Comcast it was always a "Crap Shoot" each month - you could not count on it ever to be the same. And now I don't have to call back in 6 months and "beg and plead"\negotiate to see what my next 6 months would cost me.

I'm thinking right now that I have finally found my HDTV HOME = DTV!

THANKS! Seems like you guys really have it together - so muchh better than my years with DISH SAT and even Comcast.

michael:)

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    also SD and HD have the same number and the GUI is better.

3. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    that sounds great mike, I just hope you arent a trail blazer fan. Alot of blazer nba games are on CSN Northwest and it's not on DTV outside of that you will be fine.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Well, that was a welcome breath of fresh air!

Rich

5. georule

georule Hall Of Fame

Mar 31, 2010
    Well, I did have a Comcast DVR when I left 1.5 years ago. . . but I was still amazed at what a huge difference 500GB vs 160GB made in my viewing habits. Now I can store old favorites movies forever, wait as long as I want to catch up on series, and still have plenty of room to record even long sporting events like golf.