1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FROM MARK: L187 - CallerID Problems?

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Mark Lamutt, Aug 11, 2004.

L187 - Are you having problems with CallerID?

1. YES - CallerID does not work properly for me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO - CallerID works for me just fine

100.0%
  1. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER THIS POLL UNTIL L187 SPOOLS AND YOU GIVE IT A COUPLE OF DAYS TO TEST!

Under L187, are you experiencing problems with CallerID? If so, please provide the following information:
    • city where you are located
    • name of your phone company
    • is your CallerID history being updated correctly, but you are just not seeing the CallerID popup on incoming calls
    • are you seeing the CallerID popup, but your CallerID history is not being updated properly
    • Does CallerID work on another Dish receiver that you have - if so, what is/are your other receiver(s) on which it does work
    • how are you connecting a phone line to your 921 - ie wire directly into phone jack, wire into splitter connected to your phone jack and how may ways you split the signal, wireless phone jack (please provide brand name), etc.
    Thanks for participating in this thread. The more information you can provide will go a long ways towards getting this fixed!

2. FaxMan

FaxMan Legend

Oct 13, 2003
    Sorry, I clicked my answer before I read the request to wait for 187.

Please delete or whatever as you see fit.

3. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Unfortunately, I can't delete your vote once it's cast.

4. Hoxxx

Hoxxx Cool Member/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Phoenix
    Cox Communications
    no history
    no pop-up
    L187
    connected with a standard phone cord

P.S. 510 works fine

5. John Walsh

John Walsh Godfather/Supporter

Apr 22, 2002
    Caller ID did not work for me before L187. I just started messing around with it today and noticed I did have some in history. I removed my DSL filter and all of a sudden Caller ID started working. Not sure if it really had anything to do with L187

6. lapplegate

lapplegate Legend

Jan 17, 2003
    I had always had history but the pop up very seldom worked (only right after boot).
    Now it seems to be working. 100% pop up.

Thanks Dish

7. Raymond Simonian

Raymond Simonian Legend

Nov 22, 2002
    My caller ID started working again with 187. It worked when I first got it in January but after one of the downloads it only worked intermittently. I would get an occasionally number in history but I never saw the caller ID on the screen when the phone rang. Now its working perfectly again just like it did when I first purchased it.

8. MikeA

MikeA New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    College Station, TX
    Verizon
    CallerID History is now being updated
    CallerID popup is now working properly
    CallerID works on the 508
    Was connected via a DSL dual fliter/splitter provided by verizon

I've had my 921 since late Jan/early Feb pre L146 and have never been able to use the CallerID until this evening. I decided to retry somethings I tried a few months back because of a post on this thread.

I removed Verizon's DSL dual splitter/filter and plugged the 921 directly into the wall, callerID and history now work.

I plugged the 921 into the wall using a single Verizon DSL filter, callerID and history work.

I plugged the 921 into the wall using a Radio Shack dual splitter, NO callerID, NO history.

I plugged the 921 into the wall using a Wal-mart dual splitter, NO callerID, NO history.

I plugged the 921 into the wall using a Radio Shack fourway splitter, NO callerID, NO history.

It looks like my 921 works correctly when plugged directly into the wall or when using a single Verizon DSL filter, but does not work when using any type of splitter...

MikeA

9. VanNuysBear

VanNuysBear New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Caller ID is not working properly for me.

City: Los Angeles
    Phone Co: SBC
    CID History: Working OK
    CID Popup Window: Does not appear
    Connection: Directly into phone jack

SW Ver: 187
    Boot Ver: 140B
    Flash Ver: F052

10. daveray

daveray AllStar

Feb 12, 2004
    Gravette AR.
    SBC
    My caller ID history showed 1 call on 7/31, 8/1, 8/2, 8/3, 8/4 and 8/5. I had many more calls no pop up. With L187 in the history the call on 8/3 changed to 37/69 for a date. I cleared ID history last night and received a pop up on an incoming call. I was watching OTA channel at the time. I have received 8 calls after clearing history. 7 were in history. the first 5 showed popup. I cleared history tonight again and the next call showed in history and popup.
    I have a 721 caller ID has always worked on.
    I am connected directly to the phone jack.

11. Lawood

Lawood New Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Westminster, CO
    QWEST
    History shows same as popup
    no (both popup and history are the same)
    worked find on my 6000. 6000 is no longer connected.
    connected directly into my phone line.
    Say my phone number is: 012-345-6789
    It is displayed as: 123-456-789
    Also

12. cnacht

cnacht Mentor

Dec 23, 2003
    When I first got my 921 in January caller ID worked fine. When L185 and L186 came out I lost my caller ID.
    I am happy to say that with L187 it is back.
    My info is:
    Dubuque, IA
    Qwest
    CID pop up is working
    CID history is working.
    I have a 508 as well and caller ID worked the whole time my 921's wasn't working.
    My equipment is centrally located and I have a hardwire splitter with one wire to my 508 and one wire to my 921.

13. BarryO

BarryO Legend

Dec 16, 2003
    When I first got my 921 caller ID worked fine. When L185 and L186 came out I lost my caller ID.
    I am happy to say that with L187 it is back.
    My info is:
    Western Oregon
    Verizon (ex-GTE)
    CID pop up is working
    CID history is working.
    I have a 6000 as well and caller ID worked the whole time my 921's wasn't working.
    There are two phones and two other Caller ID boxes on the line.

14. borfhead

borfhead Mentor

Feb 2, 2004
    I'm in the group that had it, lost it, had it, lost it, and now have it back again with L187...sounds like they keep flippin a switch that won't ever get everybody....

15. muenchris

muenchris Cool Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Caller ID works (again)...looks like every second release it works

16. rbyers

rbyers Godfather

Jan 14, 2004
    Caller ID works MOST of the time. Every now and then there isn't a popup for a call ... even though the phone rang several times. I'll watch this more closely and try to keep a history of the situation when the popup doesn't display.

I do have a DSL splitter (SBC DSL).

17. jp9

jp9 Cool Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Qwest

No history

No popup

works on 510. Previously had 811 on this jack with callerid working (in SD)

Phone line dsl filter before splitter on incoming line.

Didn't work with previous levels(s) either. Phone line check = OK. Multiple power line boots, still no callerid.

18. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    jp9 - are you in Denver? I am, and with Qwest I have no problems with my callerid. But, I don't have DSL, so I'd suspect that the DSL filter is letting something through that the 921 can't handle. Can you try a different filter and see if that does anything?

19. tweaver999

tweaver999 AllStar

Jul 9, 2004
    QWEST

History and PopUps working fine now... DID not work at all with LH186. No dsl,etc... Thru normal splitter.

tw

120B
    f051

20. boatdrink

boatdrink Cool Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Huntersville NC,
    Bellsouth.

Caller ID does not work not does the history. I had a 508 installed on the same line and it worked fine. I have a splitter and a DSL filter installed. It does not work even when I remove the splitter and filter and connect directly to the phone line. L187 is fully installed