1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FROM MARK: Please Welcome Allen Noland as DBSTalk's #2 921 Guy!

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Mark Lamutt, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I'd like to introduce everyone to Allen Noland who has agreed to help me out with the 921 fourms here at DBSTalk. Allen has had a 921 almost as long as I have. He'll be here doing just about everything that I do in these forums, so if you have any questions, he's here to help, just as I am.

Over the next week or so, I'll be getting Allen up to speed with all of the people at Dish and Eldon that I routinely work with, so if you have anything that needs to go to the 921 Support Team, Eldon, or whoever, Allen will be able to help you out if I'm not around.

Thanks for coming on board, Allen, and welcome!

2. Redster

Redster Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Welcome Allen,, thank you for your help.

How about we get the issue of the OTA tuner being slow to lock on after a channel change,, its very frustrating. And I do have a bug report in on it.

3. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    :wave:Hi Allen...do you really know what you have got yourself into? :eek: :eek2: :rant:

4. dishbacker

dishbacker Godfather

Jun 15, 2004
    Best of luck Allen. Is the pay good? Maybe a discount on the MPEG-4 upgrade?

:D

5. jsanders

jsanders Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Hi Allen, welcome to our Chaotic, neurotic, and bug ridden world! If there weren't still serious problems with the 921 a year later, we obviously wouldn't all still be here (at least some of us that is).

Anyway, we appreciate your joining us, two moderators are better than one. Two voices to Eldon and Dish are better than one too! I'm sure you will be very valulable to help us make an impact, and drawing us out when we try to describe a bug in our own nonsensical frame of reference (for the most part we aren't very good communicators unforunately).

6. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    Us 921 folk need all the help we can get...:)

7. Allen Noland

Allen Noland New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've been hanging around this forum for information since I received my 921 a year ago. Up until L122 came I couldn't record on ABC/NBC/CBS OTA HD - So I know the pain of this receiver.

Anyway, be easy on me until I get used to the rules I'm supposed to keep everyone following. Hopefully I can answer the questions correctly.

8. David_Levin

David_Levin Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 22, 2002
    Hi & Welcome,

Thanks in advance for all the time you're going to spend.

I can't image how Echostar subs who don't read these forums get by. The knowledge base here is night and day better then the official customer support staff.

9. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    Hi, Allen

Thanks for being so willing to offer up your time for the good of the order. As a fellow 921'er, I appreciate your efforts.

10. Skates

Skates Icon

Apr 15, 2004
    Be afraid...be VERY afraid... :eek2:

11. axel0720

axel0720 New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Hello Allen,
    As an up side I am one of the lucky ones that have had few problems, a lock up once in a while and I abuse the harddrive by letting it load fully and let the oldest program get deleted also am picking up 15 DT stations and my local stations give me all the program guides automatically. Just hope the Linux system will let the 921 do what a computer can do , heck I would be glad to just hook up a keyboard.

12. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    My condolences to you, Allen. :D

13. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Has anyone handed him his DBS Talk logoed flak jacket?

Fast forward one year...... a shellshocked Allen is seen twitching in a strait jacket......

"They fix one bug and introduce two more. It tells me a timer is scheduled to fire at Midnight for Sex and the City on HBO-W.... but it is supposed to be recording Carnivale...... Remote locks up, and then it takes 5 minutes to reboot the thing........ E* keeps calling themselves the leader in HD and points to their customer satisfaction award..... KILL ME!!!!"

Good luck, Allen. Welcome to Ground Zero.

14. The Guv

The Guv Cool Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Mark...you da Man!!!! :icon_da:

Allen...you gonna be da Man!!!! Welcome Holmes!!!! :goodjob:

:welcome_s