FSN

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Don M, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Sep 7, 2019 #1 of 10
    Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    I noticed that most of the Big 12 football games this weekend are on FSN. Is that one of the Regional FOX Sports nets that are currently dark on DISH?

2. Sep 7, 2019 #2 of 10
    Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Yep!

3. Sep 7, 2019 #3 of 10
    Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    Thanks. Are there any negotiations going on between DISH and Sinclair at this time?

4. Sep 7, 2019 #4 of 10
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Probably. Although the channels have been off long enough that the initial damage is done.

Game Finder lists games that are "unavailable".

5. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    I suspect that the FSN guys are contacting DISH every day. DISH seems resigned to pull the RSNs off the lowest tier 120 plus and insert them in a higher tier and sportspack.

That's fatal to the RSN mode....that is, charging everyone $5 a month or so and then team owners get most of that.

In time you will see RSNs failing - this model is going to break the back.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DISH Promise | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support
    Ergen: Dish May Never Carry Fox RSNs
    In my opinion, RSNs are seasonal. Many may not notice that their RSN is gone until they go looking for the content that is on that RSN. If their team isn't playing having the RSN isn't important. But when a customer can't watch a game the missing RSN becomes more noticible.

7. Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    I pay for a lot of channels I never watch. The RSNs have MLB and NCAA football, along with some HS football games. Why not do a poll and ask customers what they would be willing to pay for channels that might be lost? We lost seven or so channels when HBO and CINEMAX left. If National Geographic, FX, and FXM leave along with the RSNs will customers continue to stay with DISH. With all the streaming services that offer exclusive programming available, many with commercial free options, is the small dish in danger of going the way of the big dish? I hope not.

8. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I heard tonight that Direct may lose Disney. These
    constant fights will continue with all providers. The programmers want more money and providers are losing subscribers.
    It looks like the viewers that can stream may be looking elsewhere for the missing channels. At least with streaming there are no contracts or extra fees. If some service loses your favorite channels, then you switch to another streaming company.I have Dish, but I also have the Roku/Firestick, so I picked up HBO for a time. Lately I picked up Philo for BBC World and Aspire. The value of Dish, Direct, and cable will continue to diminish as they will continue to lose channels that may never return. You may be right, the days of satellite may be numbered. For that matter, so will cable, as they deal with the same thing.

9. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    ABC station in Chicago is running a crawler urging viewers to contact Direct to avoid losing the channel. The games never end.

10. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Yeah, as if a commercial channel is hurting for money. They make millions with advertising fees and want more from service providers at the same time.

Michael P likes this.