Fullscreen!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by MysteryMan, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Mar 9, 2017 #1 of 13
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    My HR54-200 was upgraded to 0x0cb6 on Tuesday. Since receiving this update the following has appeared in my LIST menu..."DTV9981...First year of Fullscreen on us!...Enjoy over 1500 hours of hit movies, talk shows and original series with Fullscreen! You can get access to Fullscreen as a wireless customer at no extra charge for one year. Visit att.com/fullscreen for more details." The website describes Fullscreen and provides a application for wireless customers. There's also a Free 1 Week trial offer for non wireless customers. It appears AT&T is now using the LIST menu as well as the EXTRAS menu to deliver messages and offers.

captaink5217 likes this.
  2. Mar 9, 2017 #2 of 13
    SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    AT&T should give you a lot more then fullscreen for 1 yr if you are dumb enough to sign up for AT&T Wireless. A 5 line plan with them is $205. A better plan on T-Mobile is $140 and we're on a grandfathered plan paying like $110. AT&T charges pretty much double for every service they offer. Land line, internet, DirecTV, etc.

3. Mar 9, 2017 #3 of 13
    peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Agree, but to be fair T-Mobile 4 line plan is $160 all in (unlimited) including taxes and fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mar 9, 2017 #4 of 13
    NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    With respect to Tmobile, great prices, best International roaming carrier, and great data plans. But to their in building coverage is not as good as AT&T or Verizon. AT&T, Verizon and to a smaller degree Sprint have 700 Mhz and 850 Mhz (Sprint has old Nextel blocks) channels. They penetrate structures better. Tmobile needs far more towers/antennas than the others to achieve this. In building penetration at 1900/2100/2600 Mhz isn't all that great.

I know some of you swear by Tmobile and it's great if it covers where you need it. Particularly your home territory. I wish it covered my house and my supermarket but it doesn't. Last year I traveled with a Tmobile phone for 30 days as I traveled the USA on business and the in-building (hotels, companies, and restaurants) was about 80% of AT&T.

Before anyone flames me, I think Tmobile is great as long as it covers where you spend 90% of your time. I would jump if it covered my home area better.

BTW, I tried Fullscreen. If you like old reruns and older movies, its fine.

jimmie57 likes this.
  5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You bring an EXCELLENT point, and one that is the crux of T-Mobile. That is folks based coverage on experience from years ago and so much have changed since. T-Mobile is the only network that invested heavily on their network on the last couple of years, they are rally on par with Verizon and ATT, and before get flamed, I have had both services at the same time. I had Verizon and T-Mobile and now I have T-Mobile and ATT. When they are not on part, T-Mobile beats ATT in terms of signal strength and most often on downloads speeds. T-Mobile has acquire a good chunk of low bandwidth as well

Also in the event that you get low signal at your house, they will give a Femto cell at no cost.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Yes on good signal strength here where I live. When my son had Boost ( runs on Sprint ) he had 1 bar max at his house and he is just 1 mile from I45. When I was on Cricket ( runs on ATT ) I had just 1 bar max at my house and I am 1-1/2 miles from I45. With MetroPCS ( runs on T-Mobile ) I get 4 to 5 bars everywhere. My pen pal that lives in Victoria , TX says she gets 4 to 5 bars most everywhere on MetroPCS. There is a small town about 50 miles from her that she does not get a signal. She said her sister told her that no one gets a signal there and that is why she does not have a cell phone.

7. mfox01@surewest.net

mfox01@surewest.net New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Seems to me that a 5 line plan at T-Mobile is $200 per month. Add HD streaming and hot spot access and it's $225 per month. AT&T seems to be $205 for 5 lines with HD streaming and hot spot access. I'm assuming T-Mobile charges another $40 for that fifth line. Otherwise, their 4 line plan is $180 per month (HD streaming and hot spot) and AT&T's is $185 per month. AT&T without HD and hot spot is $145 per month and T-Mobile's is $160 per month. I'm just going by what they have on their respective websites.

8. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You "seem" to be wrong. When ATT fixed their unlimited data with 10 gigs of hotspot, T-Mobile went ahead an match that as part of their One plan. So now for $160 you get four lines with unlimited everything, 10 gigs of hotspot and unlimited HD passes. Not sure how much a goth line is, but mine is free as part as a promotion that I get to keep as long as a remain a customer.

[​IMG]

9. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Here is another speed test 30 miles from the first site

[​IMG]

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    So ... any comments on the Fullscreen! service or is this thread now another advertisement for T-Mobile?

11. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    If I decide to try the service I'll report on it. As for advertising for T-Mobile you'll have to take it up with the other posters.

captaink5217 likes this.
  12. steveymacjr

steveymacjr Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Full screen is ok..the original content is heavily geared to 18 to 34yo. They have a good rotating selection of movies each month... I like that full screen is like the directv app and is data free on at&t.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

13. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    As stated earlier its a good service if you like older TV shows and movies. If you miss today's shows on say ABC, it won't show up on Fullscreen for a week or two. It's an OK service.