1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Futurama returns again in 2010

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Syzygy, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Syzygy

Syzygy Hall Of Fame

Dec 5, 2005
    I set up a Series Link for new episodes of Futurama 2010 and found that all 6 episodes scheduled for Thursday 6/24 will be recorded, even though the first 4 half-hours seem to be the exact same episode, Into the Wild Green Yonder. Can it be that the same title is being applied to 4 different episodes?

2. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    Yes. It's the movie from the latest DVD/Blu-Ray release. It's being shown in four thirty-minute parts.

-- Roger

3. Syzygy

Syzygy Hall Of Fame

Dec 5, 2005
    Yep, I just checked Wikipedia, which says Into the Wild Green Yonder is the last of a series of four straight-to-DVD Futurama movies. Elsewhere on the Web, someone says it's the best of the four.

Glad I'm recording it. I may not have seen it.

BTW, all 6 episodes are marked "First Aired: 6/24/2010".

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    As a big Futurama fan I can say that "Into The Wild Green Yonder" is the best of the direct to DVD/Blu Ray Futurama movies.

And I'm glad the series is back tomorrow!!!! Huzzzah!

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah, they constructed all 4 of the direct-to-dvd releases so that they could break them up into 4-parters for airing on TV. They never aired them as standalones though... always airing all 4 parts back-to-back... BUT each one gets a new set of opening credits, which includes the changing credit gags... so there is a tiny bit of "new" material that wasn't on the DVD releases of the movies.

Meanwhile, don't forget to pay attention that starting at 10pm EDT (after the 4-parter) they will be showing TWO NEW episodes... so make sure you catch both of those.

6. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    SWEET

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Which didn't matter since Comedy Central covered them up with credits. :(

8. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah... that really bugs me. Doing ads and popups during a show are bad enough, but when they actually cover up stuff that you want/need to see.. that is annoying.

9. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Cool! I like it.. It's kind of strange though.

10. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    "Urectum"