Future of adding new channels?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mwdxer, Aug 23, 2019.

1. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    With the downturn of both satellite & cable subs dropping, I wonder if Dish will be adding new channels in the future? Dish has added quite a few diginets in the past few years. For us that do not get many OTA, these additions are especially nice. A few stream, but most do not, so I depend on Dish to add them. Any thoughts?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Could happen...

3. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I have added streaming now (Roku/Fire TV), as a lot of material has showed up there. That may be our future for new TV channels...

4. Ronald Kohlman

Ronald Kohlman New Member

Nov 24, 2017
    at the rate that channels are disappearing to disputes, we should have some religious and shopping channels left, plenty of room for new channels.....lol

mwdxer likes this.
  5. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon

6. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Good point. Give us more diginets. At least they run some great old shows and they are cheap to add and are not involved with disputes.

7. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    Well what do you think of "comet"?

LOL! poor offering, IMO. Is this the best we can get?

8. jscudder

jscudder Legend

Jan 17, 2006
    ‘Heroes & Icons’ would be a great addition.

DJ Lon likes this.
  9. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    If satellite/cable keeps losing channels with disputes, they are going to have to fill the loss some place. People are not liking losing the channels and finding the price keeps going up. Less for more is not going to make it. I read AT&T (Direct) is going to be losing over a million subs in the last quarter, and AT&T said expect more disputes, as there are going to be a lot of new contracts. Dish and Cable are facing the same thing. I would like to see Dish, Direct, cable to work out deals with the programmers that want to be fair, and the rest can go. Then Dish can add more diginets and other programming. Why should we have to deal with blackouts constantly? Having those expensive channels is not worth it.

10. BobCulp

BobCulp Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Colorado...
    There is a new lifestyle channel , called "DABL". Martha stewart has her show on it.

11. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    She is on PBS CREATE also, PBS CREATE has a much much better variety of programming than CBS DABL offers.