"FX on Hulu" to begin March 2020

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by phrelin, Nov 9, 2019.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    As the folks at Disney restructure their system of "television" distribution within the era of streaming, the world was recently advised of something called FX on Hulu which will begin in March. The Hollywood Reporter offers an explanation FX to Produce Programming for Hulu while Engaget's piece was titled FX's entire show archive arrives on Hulu next March. And since Hulu and FX are both now owned by Disney, The Verge offers a different angle Disney is using FX to ensure people don’t forget about Hulu.

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Be a shame if folks forget about Hulu. Lots of good stuff on that site. Good to see what they're doing with FX content.

Rich

3. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Last week we streamed 11 broadcast primetime series episodes from ABC, Fox, and NBC via Hulu.

4. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Since they fixed the PQ thing I've been using it more and more. Lots wrong with the site but they seem to be going in the right direction. Lots wrong with every streaming site except NF and Prime. I think.

Rich

5. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    No problems here with streaming from Netflix, Prime, Acorn or CBS News on my Roku TV.

6. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    not to hack this topic but where to get a Channel list for Hulu?

7. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I'm not quite sure how to answer your question. Hulu offers live TV streaming (60 or more channels) with recording like many other services, but to find out which channels in your area you would have to go to their web site. They do not include CBS anywhere. But I don't subscribe to live streaming.

Generally, their non-live streaming service offers most ABC, Fox and NBC shows for streaming the day after they air. How many past episodes are available varies with some going back many seasons while some - like the "Chicagos" from NBC limited to a half dozen or so. Like other streaming services they offer a lot more, even programming from the United Kingdom, movies, etc. You really need to check their website.

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'm sure everybody has the same problems as I do with Amazon and NF. I was using Amazon last night to watch Jack Ryan and each time I moved from one TV set to another I had to find where I left off each time. Use NF and you rarely have such problems. NF is the standard bearer for streaming sites, I think. If they all worked the way NF does we'd all be better off.

Rich