Gaga Live on Twitter not on D*

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by DirectMan, Feb 1, 2020.

1. DirectMan

DirectMan AllStar

Jul 14, 2007
    ATT TV is sponsoring Gaga Live tonite 11pm EST on Twitter. Thanks ATT for not showing it on D*. You could have put it on my new 4K channel but instead it will be available only on Twitter for all but not your paying customers. You should at least have made it available on the ATT TV. What a bunch of idiots in Dallas (ATT).

2. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Ummmmm

Dishdude714 likes this.
  3. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    GaGa Live Hallaloo! (starting at 11:00pm EST on @ItsOnATT's Twitter )

Well.... this event is sponsored by AT&T TV which is still in its pilot phase... since AT&T TV is a streaming based service and AT&T wants everyone to watch it for free Twitter seems to make perfect sense. This could also be something between AT&T, Gaga and Twitter we will never will know.

I'm also just going to take a stab in the dark and say in most cases one could start watching the event on a tablet, web browser, Android/iOS smartphone and then "cast" the event to their C71KW since it runs Android TV which allows for casting. Same could also be said for Chromecast, Amazon Fire devices and others running Android TV. I'm sure Apple devices can cast to Apple TVs. Also if the broadcast uses Periscope it will be on the Periscope app for Apple TVs.

On an unrelated side note I love how the Twitter account ItsOnATT changed its display name to "AT&T TV hard to say, easy to use" I'll agree with them on the hard to say part. Easy to use TBD.

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Thank Goodness -It's Not on D* :)

AngryManMLS, Dishdude714 and compnurd like this.
  5. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    Not doing to bad for AT&T its the #1 trending event on Twitter in the United States along with #ATTtv :cool: They even managed to hit #1 trending worldwide pretty good for a TV service that's only available in 13 markets in its home country o_O Although tis quite funny when she makes a jab at AT&T :eek:

6. AngryManMLS

AngryManMLS Active Member

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    I mean it's not like as if AT&T doesn't have an British guy who makes fun of them on HBO roughly 30-ish Sunday nights a year. ;)

Not safe for work due to language by the way.....

longhorn23 likes this.
  7. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    I love John Oliver's AT&T's clips

longhorn23 likes this.