1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Galvanic skin responses and eye tracking while "skipping" and "FF"

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Aug 18, 2009.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    So I'm reading an interview of Horst Stipp, the Senior VP - Strategic Insights & Innovation for NBCU when I read this paragraph:
    Hmmmm........:sure:

2. BattleScott

BattleScott Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006
  3. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    No, I don't think I'm FF'ing, because I'm 30SKIPing! :)

4. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    I think Universal is one of the movie studios that now, on the TV ads for their movies, keeps the title of the movie and the opening date at the top of the screen through the entire thing. That's certainly one way to keep the information in front of the viewer even in fast-forward mode, and I wonder if it's an idea that came out of this research.

5. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    We FF on commercials and if there is something that looks interesting or a product we are interested in, we have no problem dropping out to watch.

6. BattleScott

BattleScott Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006
    I noticed a really good trick last night when we were ff'ing through AGT. An Orville Redenbacher add used video of the show as the backdrop to their add. So instictively I pressed play when I saw the video start up. When I came out of FFWD I heard the message "We invite you to enjoy a great big bowl of Orville Redenbacher popcorn while you sit back and watch America's Got Talent..." or something tho that effect. Very clever...

7. TomH

TomH Legend

Jun 11, 2005
    As long as they believe commercials are still working they won't try to do anything about preventing FF or skipping. I maybe see the first couple of seconds of the first commercial or the last few seconds of the last one. I hit the skip forward button about 6 times and the 10s skip back once to get to the show. I can say I see nothing in between. If they think I'm getting anythiing out of it then that's fine with me.