1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Change on HBO on 03/10

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by pablo, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Mar 4, 2012 #1 of 22
    pablo

pablo Icon

Oct 11, 2007
  2. Mar 7, 2012 #2 of 22
    Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
  3. Mar 7, 2012 #3 of 22
    phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    If the film is, as Julianne Moore describes it in interviews, a fair look at our process of selecting candidates to run for President and Vice-President, it will be timely. And boy do we need to take a hard look at that process IMHO. I think I really miss the old days of smoke-filled rooms leading up to and at the two party conventions.

4. Mar 8, 2012 #4 of 22
    Rnrboy

Rnrboy Mentor

Oct 7, 2010
    Anybody planning on posting the March premium channel premieres? :(

5. Mar 8, 2012 #5 of 22
    olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Too bad HBO didn't use the entire book. To quote the Washington Post TV critic Hank Stuever:

6. Mar 8, 2012 #6 of 22
    phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I was disappointed they didn't pursue a way to serialize the various elements in the book. The underlying point in all those elements is that the way we choose our candidates has become a nightmare. In the 21st Century it so far appears to be an ineffective star search for the next great American [strike]Idol[/strike] President. Maybe we should just have Ryan Seacrest host a fun series reality show with celebrity judges and fan voting.:rolleyes:

7. Mar 8, 2012 #7 of 22
    olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    It would have then been an interesting movie. And I agree there has to be a better way.

8. Mar 8, 2012 #8 of 22
    pablo

pablo Icon

Oct 11, 2007
    Well, HBO is going the series route with this topic, but in a comedic way:

[youtubehd]soJggb_jDL8[/youtubehd]

9. Art7220

Art7220 Godfather

Feb 4, 2004
    Anybody planning to vidcap and post this? Really appreciate it and I'll check for the DLs tomorrow, thanks.

10. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Uh, no, that would be piracy which is dishonest, not to mention, illegal. We don't do that here.

EDIT: What you can do is sub to HBO like I and many others do

11. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    I, for one, refuse to subscribe to a channel that I might watch once a week (Bill Maher Real Time :lol:) and the occasional movie. Back when Dish had the 3 month promo for HBO, Cinemax and Showtime, I think that we watched a total of about 8 hours in 3 months of all those channels.

Different strokes for different folks....

If they had a deal where I could pay a relatively small amount to subscribe for a day ($1-2) for something special I would like to see, then I would be interested.

12. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Well, good for you! You make it sound like you are standing on some lofty principle, but not so much with the piracy thing, huh?

Just FYI, I sub to (as in 'pay for') all premium packages, so I get to watch anything and everything I want, so good for me! I'll sure be watching (and recording) "Game Change" tonight, fer shur! :sure:

13. bobsupra

bobsupra Work In Progress DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 12, 2002
    I watch Ms. Moore on the Daily Show the other night. Classy woman, and looked totally different from the way she play Ms. Palin. Great make-up.

14. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    And I resent paying within the $59.99 package monthly price an amount that is about 80% of the HBO price for ESPN channels.

I pay $59.99 for literally hundreds of channels I don't, and will never, watch so that I can get a few I do. These days that includes local broadcast stations that are getting retransmission fees. And I have to deal with ads.

HBO financed this and other movies, along with mini-series like the "John Adams" series. They get the money from subscription fees from me, Nick, and millions of others. We don't have to put up with ads.

Since I have no compulsion to be among the first to see a movie in a theater, HBO is really a good deal since I record at least two movies a month and watch some of their series shows.

It cost a lot of money to make "Game Change." If you don't want to be among the first to see "Game Change" wait for the DVD or until you can stream it from Amazon or Netflix or somebody. But don't steal it.

15. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I saw Julianne Moore in a serious interview on "Morning Joe" on MSNBC last week, along with the director. I know they were on the requisite 'publicy tour', but the way she talked about playing the role of 'Sarah Palin' in "Game Change", and the intense study and preparation that went into the character impressed me. It was said that their goal was to present a 'fair and balanced' view of Ms. Palin, and expose her handlers for the gestapo-like bunglers they were.

16. pablo

pablo Icon

Oct 11, 2007
  17. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    I said nothing about the 'piracy' issue. Since I think they charge WAY too much for what they offer, I simply do not watch the few programs that may interest me.

18. Rnrboy

Rnrboy Mentor

Oct 7, 2010
    I thought the movie was fantastic.

19. pablo

pablo Icon

Oct 11, 2007
    It was very good. Actually made me like McCain a little more. Julianne Moore did an amazing job.

20. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    My timer for this was screwed up by the usual daylight savings time shenanigans... so I didn't get to watch it yet. Will be setting another timer to catch one of the repeat airings.