1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GameSearch

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by phatmatt1215, May 13, 2009.

1. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    I am so sick of the GameSearch feature not working for me. I had a Brewers game set to record on 737-1 (Marlins feed) I went to watch it and the "searching for authorized content" came up. It didn't even bother searching for it. When I turned it to the 737 (Marlins SD feed), the the Game Search feature showed up. Does it only work when it's not recording originally on an HD Feed? I'm confused.

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Ok, hold on.. Game search is both easy and complicated... How did you have your unit set up to record? ARSL or SL?

Is MLB extra innings doing dual feeds?

Does anyone know, are all MLB EI channels in your CIG list, even if a game is blacked out?

Also, don't they let people tune to the RSN channel OR the 700 channel for a feed?

3. loudo

loudo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    I see you are in Wisconsin. If you are in the Brewers home area, you will be blacked out from the Marlins telecast, and have to use the Brewers sports channel. I had to watch it on the Marlins network (737-1) as the Brewers broadcast (738-1) was blacked out for me.

4. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    True, but according to the OP, GAMESEARCH kicked in (properly, as you point out) on the Marlin's SD channel, but not the Marlin's HD channel! :scratchin

Seems like the OP discovered an "issue", no? /steve

5. loudo

loudo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    Ok, I missed that on his original post. Guess I need my second cup of coffee in the morning before I read posts. Was thinking he was blocked out on both. My Bad.:nono2:

6. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    No need to feel bad. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything either! :lol:

I think Matt should report this is an "issue". Just my .02. /steve

7. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Is 737-1 a mirror of a part time rsn?