1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gary Collins 1938-2012

Discussion in 'The OT' started by SayWhat?, Oct 13, 2012.

1. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/13/showbiz/gary-collins-obit/index.html

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    RIP Mr. Collins.

Geez it seems like we've lost alot of legends this year...

3. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I don't remember anything of his acting carrer but that may be because I tended to always confuse him with Jim Hampton. Where I will remember Gary though is as the host of "Hour Magazine". I never watched a single episode but do remember when our CBS affiliate replaced rerurns of MASH for "Hour Magazine"..

Rest in Peace

4. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Gary was a very solid interviewer. I used to watch Hour Magazine on occasion. I don't know why, but I had thought it might have been produced in Boston, which was the TV market I was living in at the time. I didn't first notice him as an actor until I saw Roots in rerun.

His short lived TV Series, The Sixth Sense, was reformatted as episodes of Night Gallery with new introductions narrated by Rod Serling because there weren't enough Night Gallery episodes to make appealing for block programming use.

I was aware of the all-too frequent,. "Gary went nutzo, again" type stories of the last few years. I figured he was suffering from depression.

5. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    R.I.P. Gary.

6. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    RIP

The only acting role I remember was in Airport, he played the second officer.