1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gemini TV on 105 satellite...

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by pcm, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcm

pcm New Member

May 19, 2004
    Hi

I am Ygnition cable service customer. Ygnition provides dish network cable service in our apartment. I am in west coast. When I asked them about subscribing do Gemini TV, they said that they do not have authorization to telecast from the current satellite 121. They say that 121 is for east coast. The Gemini TV should be mirrored on satellite 105, and then only they can give us Gemini TV.

Anyone has any idea about the validity of the above statement. If so any idea when does dish network mirrors Gemini TV and other south asian channels on 105 satellite.

Thanks
    PCM

2. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    The 105 and 121 slots are both ConUS slots so there is no "east" or "west" for these.

See ya
    Tony

3. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    They will not be mirrored at 105.. (unless Dish changes their mind ever.. which i doubt)

therefore Gemini TV, that you enquiring about.. or any others - will NOT be at 105...

Mind you - some of those ethnic channels are mirrored at 61.5, 148 and 121.. - however New channels - such as Gemini TV (that you mentioned) - are exclusively at 121 satellite.. (without being mirrored to 61.5 or 148.. or 105 for that matter also)

4. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    pcm -------> Welcome to DBSTalk anyhow! :D

5. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    I can't imagine what on the 105 sat would be of any use to someone on the west coast. Boise, Idaho is about as far west as anything on that sat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.