Genie Basic Information

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Logandros, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Logandros

Logandros New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Regrettably I think I already know the answer through trial and error....

Is there anyway on a Genie setup (HR34) 3x(C41)'s to manage what 1 client sees as opposed to another. We have the HR34 in my TV Room and a client in my office, and our master bedroom. The 3rd client is in my daughter's room. What I'm trying to accomplish is prevent her from having to see our recordings and us from seeing hers. It seems that the Share Playlist option is global tied to the HR34 and all clients that connect to it. I have my daughter's client set to not allow her to watch our content but that doesn't prevent her from seeing it on her list and obviously us seeing her 5000 Disney shows. Information appreciated.

2. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Since the C41's are "slaves", they are essentially the same unit as the Genie. They simply act as remote viewing of the Genie. In order to do what you want, you would need a different DVR, not a client.

3. Logandros

Logandros New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Thought so, thanks for verifying.

4. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Your set up shows 2 other DVR's. You could move one of those to your daughter's room and set her DVR to not enable Whole Home. That would take care of your problem easily!

5. Logandros

Logandros New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    The other 2 DVRs = another daughter's room and all 4 of my kid's playroom .. haha .. so looks like it stays the way it is and my oldest daughter just has to deal :)