1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genie Go unable to download or stream

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by droidjosh, Sep 30, 2013.

1. droidjosh

droidjosh New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I had the genie go working before, was able to download my recordings, now when I try, it tells me it can't access my dvr playlist, which it shows everything. When i try to watch, it tells me that my HD DVR is currently busy and cannot support live streaming however i'm not even watching any programming. I've tried everything to get it back up and working. All the blue lights are on it perfectly. My whole home genie shows connected to the internet, its sharing my playlist and external device is set to allow. Any ideas?

2. djpg

djpg New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    I have had this problem since the iPad and iPhone ios 7 updates. I also get error code 131. I have reset everything, but I still have the problem. I called Directv, and they are sending the information to a level above the troubleshooting reps. I would appreciate any info.

3. droidjosh

droidjosh New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    My issue is on my computers. I thought it was because i switched routers, nope still giving the same errors. Was working fine the day I got it, now nothing

4. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Press and hold the red button the GenieGO box for 30 secs.
    if you still have the issue, please post back with a list of your equipment.

5. droidjosh

droidjosh New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Its working now. After spending hours trying to fix it, it just started working again. I had already pressed the button for 30 seconds and it still wasn't working. but it is now, for now at least. thanks!

6. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    I received an email from DirecTV yesterday saying that it is necessary to upgrade the GenieGO app BEFORE updating to iOS7,

[​IMG]
    "If you access GenieGO™ through an iPhone or iPad, please be sure to update your GenieGO™ App before upgrading to iOS 7. This will ensure no interruption to your service. You can update your App anytime through the iTunes App Store.
    If you have already upgraded to iOS 7, you will need to update the current GenieGO™ App on your mobile device and then re-register the device as new. Unfortunately, previously downloaded content will need to be re-downloaded.

We apologize for this inconvenience. "

I had upgraded to iOS7 before upgrading the GenieGO app and I haven't had any problems. But this may be DirecTV's catch-all solution for anyone who experiences problems after the iOS7 upgrade.