Genie GUIDE Questions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ThomasM, Jun 21, 2021.

1. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I recently got a new Genie DVR and I have 2 questions.

1. When displaying the Channel Guide there is a small white triangle in the same box as the channel name on some channels. What does the small white triangle mean?

2. When accessing the Guide on DirecTV.com and clicking on a show to be recorded, the next box refers to my DVR as "BEDROOM" even though I've never had a receiver in my bedroom. I renamed the main DVR "GENIE" instead of the default which was "A" (the Genie Mini was "B" before I renamed it "KITCHEN".

2. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    1. It means there’s on demand programming for that channel.

2. Not sure what your question is?

3. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    As to the names, I'm going to speculate you received "refurbished" equipment, and the client names were from a prior installation. Just a guess.

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Those names --are for WHOLEHOME ID and as you found out they can be change at will

5. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Nope. My "whole home" ID's have been changed to GENIE and KITCHEN on the respective device but the DirecTV.com guide still shows BEDROOM when I request to record a show. Not that I care, but my disconnected R22 still shows up and an option to record. It was disconnected when I upgraded to HD. The billing department assured me that I would not be charged for the R22 and my account only shows the Genie and Genie Mini. Like I said I'VE NEVER HAD (OR NAMED) A DIRECTV RECEIVER IN MY BEDROOM so I have no idea where this name came from.

6. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 19, 2010
    There are names you can give them. You can change the name of them on att.com in your account or in the My ATT app. But the names in the online guide usually do not match the names you give them. I have no idea where they get the names for the online guide. It even shows I can record to my H25 which is not a DVR. For kicks I tried it. The show did not get recorded.