Genie HR54-500 Whole Home Problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by utbronco, May 27, 2018.

1. utbronco

utbronco Mentor

Dec 26, 2007
    We want NO SHARING of any other receivers programs with the Genie. However we DO WANT full sharing of three HR24-500 receivers with each other. That has been working great until a new release loaded yesterday to the Genie, 0x1088. When the receiver came up after the install, I could see all programs recorded on three other HR24-500s. I checked the setting on the Genie and it was set to NO in the sharing field as it was before. For years the three HR24-500s have been sharing programs between each other, but because the Genie was set to no, none of the HR24 programs were visible on the Genie. I can't get it back now and have talked to Directv and they act like they don't know what I'm talking about. Genie and one Mini sand alone, no sharing except with each other. HR24s sharing with each other. Any help would be awesome!!!

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I can only think of one thing that might work (what you did should have worked), try not naming the 44 under Whole Home in Settings. Might work, never tried it.

Rich

3. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    It's a bug in the software version you have. I expect it will be fixed soon

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I think you read his issue wrong. This isn’t that issue. In fact it’s an opposite problem for him but nothing is wrong.

Op needs to go into the playlist... manage settings... scroll to the bottom and chose playlist and change it from all to local. It simply reset to all when it updated.

Sharing setting is different than this setting. Sharing setting keeps the DVR from sending out the playlist to others. Playlist all or local is what allows you to chose what you see in this DVRs playlist.

Rich likes this.
  5. utbronco

utbronco Mentor

Dec 26, 2007
    Thank you Inkahauts!!! I have had to reference this twice now. After a release a few weeks ago and then again today for the Directv Tech who never knew about this option. He was going to disconnect cable in the junction room, I told him no, there is a much easier way. I really appreciated your help and so did he!!!

6. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Yes, I did not read the post carefully enough!!