Genie Internet Wireless Option

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by elbyj, Oct 9, 2015.

1. elbyj

elbyj Godfather

Jan 9, 2003
    Last night the wife elected to do a playback on one of the eligible channels. Got the note and bar at the bottom saying it was readying the playback. However, once it was done a note appeared and said our internet was not fast enough for a steady replay of the show and gave us the option to connect to the internet. She woke me up and told me to get in and fix it so she could watch the show. First option I saw was the box was asking to be connected to the wireless side of our Cable One modem. I told her I would look at it in the AM since the Directv Genie DVR didn't have a wireless option, that I was aware of. It was crazy to me anyway since Cable One just upgraded our speeds to 100 MBps download (verified with a speed test and got 93 MPps at the box) and I have a direct connect from the modem to the DVR, so why would I want to go wireless where the download speed is only about 22 MBps??? Confusing to me! Anyway got up this AM and ran through the setup to connect the wireless side of the modem to the DVR and got a "CONNECTED" notice. Also observed on the MENU screen that the bottom option shows wireless connection. Folks I am confused!! Apparently this was a recent software update and someone forgot to tell the customers about the new option.

Thanks for any comments

2. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    The HR44 has always had a wireless option.

3. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    And if you where hard wired it wouldn't allow you to connect via wireless. Go and check your wired solution something was wrong with it. And you'll need to reset the connection to go back to wired.

4. elbyj

elbyj Godfather

Jan 9, 2003
    Thanks much --- I will go check the set-up options to verify which connection.