Genie Mini

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Triplexxx, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Triplexxx

Triplexxx New Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Do i save any money if I got my own Genie? If I buy it on eBay...How much is the rental and how much if I own one?

Thank you

2. richall01

richall01 Godfather

Sep 30, 2007
    South Georgia
    Be careful! If there is a blance on the unit it will have to be paid before you can activate it. Friend got one and found out there was almost $200.00 owed on the unit and they would not active it untill the balance was paid in full and also paid 25.00 for a new access card.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Very few DIRECTV Receivers, DVRs and Clients are actually owned. The vast majority are leased. Before purchasing equipment verify if it's owned by contacting DIRECTV's Access Card Dept. As for the monthly service fees they're the same whether the equipment is owned or leased.

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    No matter what type of receiver from D* you get - they all come with a $7 a month Charge as long as they are activated on your account!
    As well as a additional 2 year contract commitment .

Your best bet is to call and get the upgrade thru D* or if that is not possible for you -I would only buy a Leased Receiver from a online auth source like Soild signal

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It’s not necessarily a two year commitment, that’s dependent on if an installer is required. Moving to a genie system would require an installer though.