Genie remote and Sceptre U550CV-U

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rahlquist, Jan 2, 2019.

1. rahlquist

rahlquist Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2007
    Hey yall,

Have a new TV and sound bar and I am having an issue getting the Genie remote working. The TV model of course isnt in the list. If I do the lookup on the D* tool it tells me to try 13899 but how do you manually enter codes for TV's on the Genie remote? Can the Genie remote even control my new soundbar?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    The remotes and receivers know that TV codes start with a 1 so it does not matter that the remote does not have the slider.
    It is possible to do the soundbar but there are some that do not.
    You must have a TV programmed into the remote before attempting the soundbar.

3. rahlquist

rahlquist Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2007
    When I enter the 13899 code provided by the lookup at Remote Control Code Lookup I enter the 1 wait for the flashes then the 3899 and I get a red flash.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Procedure
    Press and hold the Mute and Select buttons and wait for 2 blinks ( note, the light will blink as you press the mute and then the select buttons. Those do not count )
    After the 2 blinks then Enter the 13899, no waiting in between each press.

5. rahlquist

rahlquist Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2007
    Tried that. Still got the Red flash. Reset the remote. Reselected RF (my dvr is behind stuff) and then tried scanning for the TV (I dont know my model item from the list) and bingo. Since the TV talks to the the soundbar over hdmi for volume control I left it be.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Very good. I don't have a Genie so I could not write down the steps to search.
    You can probably do the same thing now for the soundbar.