1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GenieGo replace DECA/ CCK

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Kev4Bama, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Kev4Bama

Kev4Bama Legend

Aug 7, 2010
    I am trying to educate myself on the GenieGo. I currently have a Broadband DECA/CCK whichever you want to call it. It is plugged directly into my router via Ethernet and feeds into my SWM 16 providing the Internet connection to all of the receivers in my network. If I get a Genie Go can it take the place of the existing CCK or will I have to have both units plugged into the router together? Thanks in Advance

2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Both plugged into the router together, or either or both to an ethernet switch somewhere which leads back to the router.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    You will still need both. The GenieGo and the CCK are completely different devices and have different responsibilities.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

4. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    The GenieGo only has an ethernet connection, so a bridge (like the CCK) between the coax network (where the receivers are located) and the rest of your LAN is a prerequisite to use the GenieGo. When preparing content for mobile viewing it will connect to the DVR containing the original recording and effectively play the recording in real time. As the recording is played back, it will re-encode it at a reduced resolution to facilitate download to a mobile device.

5. Kev4Bama

Kev4Bama Legend

Aug 7, 2010
    Thanks Everyone! That is what I was thinking but I wanted to make sure!