1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting internet to your ps3 or xbox via SWiM setup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by MetalMarine, Feb 19, 2011.

1. MetalMarine

MetalMarine New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Here is a quick setup if you are needing internet on your ps3 / xbox or even your TV set. I havent had any problems with this setup. no lag on gaming or video chatting. and MRV still works.

Used to be a Directv Service Tech. MRV Connected Home Certified.

Edit: you must have internet going to your swim system for this to work.

[​IMG]

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I wondered if that would work, but never got around to trying it. Glad to see someone did. Thanks for the info.

3. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    It's all TCP/IP so yeah, "it'll work." Just don't expect D* to support your playstation :lol:

It's also a cheap way to network for those without D*. A broadband DECA at either end of a coax works well for rooms with no ethernet connectivity (but an available coax.) MUCH cheaper than most other solutions.

4. sungam

sungam Legend

May 10, 2007
    And in this case it introduces an extra 2-way split after an 8-way, which is not recommended.

5. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    It's true that the 2-way will add extra db loss, but there's nothing "not recommended" about adding a 2-way after an 8-way. After all, an HR20-100 needs a 2-way "behind" it to power a Deca. If the option is to cascade off an 8-way then so be it...

6. MetalMarine

MetalMarine New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    adding the second splitter does not cause a problem. it will give you a lil db loss. but not enough to cause an issue.