Getting rid of the 908 Attention message.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by slamotto, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slamotto

slamotto New Member

May 14, 2008
    Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the "Attention" message (number 908) that appears when I press the "TV" button on my remote? That is the message that tells you that the remote is no longer set to control the satellite. I find it useless and annoying, but can't find anywhere how to get rid of it.

Thanks!

2. dbrakob

dbrakob Godfather

Apr 25, 2006
    Can't be done.

3. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Yes, press the SAT button. ;)
    Sorry, that was cheap.

4. Grampa67

Grampa67 Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    Cover the emitters on the remote when pressing the TV button.

5. Satpro92

Satpro92 Legend

Jan 30, 2005

How is this a big problem?Put the remote in the SAT mode and the problem is solved.

6. lionsrule

lionsrule Godfather

Nov 25, 2003
    Sorry,

But the whole reason for the pop up is to "protect" the retards of the world who don't know how to operate a remote control.

Just like every other aspect to our society, we dumb down instructions and protect the weak......

7. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    And this is done because Dish has to spend MILLIONS each year between phone support and sending techs out to customers simply because a certain percentage of customers simply don't understand that if you change the TV off of the sat receiver's output channel or input, you have to put it back to get the sat receiver working.

My little company typically gets about 10 service calls a week that are nothing but the customer changing their TV from channel 3 to something else, and then calling into Dish complaining that their "receiver isn't working". And those are the ones that the CSRs can't fix over the phone. For every service call, there are probably 10 customers that the CSRs, exhibiting incredible patience, manage to fix over the phone.

Most people simply wouldn't believe how much time, effort, and money is spent on this problem, but it's HUGE.

8. Taco Lover

Taco Lover Icon

Jan 8, 2007
    Does this popup when AUX is pressed? If it does, that'd be hugely annoying if someone was just trying to turn up/down the volume on their audio receiver.

Sheesh, it bugs me when I press TV just to change the input to something else. Yes, even when I'm going to watch something else besides Dish!

9. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    My 6.3 UHF remote doesn't do this when I switch it off of SAT.

10. DBS Commando

DBS Commando Godfather

Apr 6, 2006
    Mine doesn't.

11. EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO Godfather

Apr 6, 2007
    Try a Harmony Remote.

12. DBS Commando

DBS Commando Godfather

Apr 6, 2006
    Bit of an expensive alternative, no?

13. EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO Godfather

Apr 6, 2007
    I don't know. Let the OP make that determination. Older models can be had on various internet sites for around $100.00 or maybe less. Merely a suggestion.

14. jarvantgroup

jarvantgroup Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    SOme people want to do this when they are running cable TV or OFF-air antennas along with satellite. They just want to use the Dish remote to change channels on the TV and not the rcvr. :icon_cool:icon_cool:icon_cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.