1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting signal of new sat.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by sticketfan, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sticketfan

sticketfan Legend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vermont
    i get 101 and 110 with a great signal of 97. in the fall until the leaves fall off of one tree i dont get the 119 sat. it comes in fine in the winter and early spring. my question is will i have a problem getting the new hd sat. if i have trouble with the 119. i live in vermont if that helps.

2. Fish Man

Fish Man Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    You're probably OK.

The new sat (DirecTV-10) is at 103.

Since you get 101 and 110 well, and 103 is between those, you're probably good to go for 103.

The other new location is 99. It currently has many local HD channels on spot beams, but the new national HD stuff is starting out at 103. New national stuff may start coming on line at 99 next year.

However, if you see 101 well, and your tree-problem is in the other direction (119), it's a good bet you've got a clear view of 99 as well.

3. sticketfan

sticketfan Legend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vermont
    thanks for the input, i am hoping otherwise will have to be calling the tree cutting service....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.