1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Whole Home setup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Goldlexus, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Goldlexus

Goldlexus AllStar

Jun 23, 2002
    I am a bit confused on how all this works. Attached is my current setup and the order of equipment that directv says I need. We are adding a HD tv to my sons room so will move either the HD dvr or HD reciever into his room. The Genie will go where the current HD DVR is. Which tv's will be able to 'see' the Genie's playlist and can those tv's play the shows on the play list? I already have one CCK attached to our current dvr for VOD do I need another. Is the CCK what allows other tv's to connect to the Genie? I don't have an install date...well I did but the installer refused to install dure to the hight of our dish and now we are waiting for a supervisor to take a look and discuss options. Called directv twice to try get this expedited sooner then the 3-5 days to even get a call from our local office but can't get past the call center just confirming 3-5 day wait.

Attached Files:

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You will end up with one hr34, one hr21, and one h21. All 3 will be able to view recordings from either DVR. The hr34 can feed/serve 3 shows at a time and the hr21 can feed/show one (via whole home). All three can watch live TV at any time.

3. Goldlexus

Goldlexus AllStar

Jun 23, 2002
    Ok Thanks...BTW is the CCK needed? I have one do I need the one directv is sending? Is that what shares the info between the hd receivers?

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    It also looks like he is getting a C31 client (due to the Swap/Replace DirecTV Client line item).

As for the CCK, what you have will most likely be used unless the installer decides to use a new one. One CCK will bridge your coax network for all your receivers to your home network. If you actually have an ethernet cable over where the HR34 is being installed you can forgo the CCK and just plug the ethenet cable into the HR34 as it has the ability to act as that bridge. Connection to your home network is not needed for Mutli-Room Viewing to work. The HR21 and H21 will have a DECA adapter connected behind them to allow them to participate in MRV.

- Merg