1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getzky Resigns, Tippett to Coach Coyotes

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by RACJ2, Sep 24, 2009.

1. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    TSN is reporting former Dallas Stars coach Dave Tippett will be named the next coach of the Phoenix Coyotes.

The Coyotes have said they will make a major announcement regarding the structure of their hockey operations department at 6 p.m. ET. The press conference can be seen live on NHL.com and the NHL Network.

Wayne Gretzky, who had coached the Coyotes for the previous four seasons, resigned Thursday. LINK

2. sorentodd45

sorentodd45 AllStar

May 12, 2009
    This could very well be the Coyotes last season in Metro Phoenix. So will the Suns move into Jobing Arena because it is newer than their current digs? Stay tuned.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Who is this Getzky you speak of?

4. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    You know, the Geat Getzky! :rolleyes: Ok, so I can't type, you know who I mean.

5. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Honestly, I can't believe Bettman.

He didn't fight this hard to keep the Jets in Winnepeg, but this would be admitting that moving them to Phoenix was an awful failure to begin with.

He didn't fight this hard to keep the Nordiques in Quebec, or the Whalers in Hartford. He's just a two faced sack of **** who has systematically run hockey into the ground since 1995.