Gizmodo: Comcast Will Cap More People's Data Because of 'Fairness'

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by trh, Nov 7, 2015.

1. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    From Gizmodo:

Source link: http://gizmodo.com/comcast-will-cap-more-peoples-data-because-of-fairness-1740913276

And script Comcast CSRs are supposed to use if you call in and ask questions/complain about the expanding data caps:
    From Ars Technica:
    Source link: http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/11/dont-say-data-cap-highlights-from-a-comcast-customer-service-script/

--------------
    I reviewed our families usage of Comcast the last three months. We've been averaging about 450 GB per month. Netflix/Amazon Prime for TV shows and a couple of movies, YouTube (too much) and Spotify/Pandora for music.

I'm curious as to what Comcast's answers are when you ask about Netflix or net neutrality.

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I"m glad I don't have Comcast!! Even Mediacom is more fair with their overages @$10/50Gb block.
    I'm not worried about going over though. I have 100/10 with a 1TB cap and doubt I'll ever get close.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

3. jerrylove56

jerrylove56 Godfather

Jun 14, 2008
    North Alabama
    After we started using KODI we switched to Comcast Business for this very reason. (No Data Caps, too date)

4. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Comcast will get away with this as long as we keep reinforcing the local monopoly policies that prevent choice from being the norm. In addition, heaven help COmcast is their customers find out what people in other countries get for service.

It may be no surprise that people in Japan, South Korea or even France have better, faster and cheaper service than we do. But if they ever find out that countries like ESTONIA make us look like a backwater, then the "USA #!" brigade may finally get up in arms and demand better.