1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go to End of Program

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by gineraso, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gineraso

gineraso New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    I have a ViP622 and was wondering if it's possible start a recorded show and go immediately to the end without having to FF all the way through. Thanks for any tips.

G

2. gweempose

gweempose AllStar

Jun 10, 2006
    I do not believe there is any way to jump directly to the end of a recording. Of course, if you are fast forwarding at 300x, it won't take very long to get to the end.

3. gineraso

gineraso New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    300x is really fast but FF through a 4 hour NFL recording can take some time (less than one minute). The crappy SA Explorer 8300 DVR issued by Time Warner has this option, so I figured the much, much better ViP622 would have something similar to it.

Thanks for the reply.

4. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    There are a few times a week I'd like to get to the end of a show before I have ever watched it and have had to 300FF. If you have watched it once already you can hit reverse at the menu where it gives you the options and it will reverse into the program, this only works if you have watched it and ended it though.

5. drmckenzie

drmckenzie AllStar

Aug 28, 2007
    Although FF at 300x is great, it doesn't replace being able to specify how far forward to go. I record a lot of sports that runs from 4-6 hours, and it's a pain. The real problem is when you combine it with the problem of the system not remembering where it was in a program that is currently recording.

If you watch a currently recording program from the beginning, and leave it for any reason, you are put back at the start and have to FF back to where you left off. Another pain is that the progress counter doesn't work correctly for currently recording programs, so you have to visually search for where you left off.

These three problems (lack of time "jump", loss of current position, and progress counter problem), make watching long programs a definite struggle.

6. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Have you tried hitting the 'back 10 seconds' button from the screen to start/resume the recording? I know this works after a recording has played. I've never tried it without playing it. Good thing to try.

7. gweempose

gweempose AllStar

Jun 10, 2006
    This is one thing I have always loved about my ReplayTVs. While watching a recording, you can tell it to jump forward or back x number of minutes. You can also have it jump to an exact time into a show such as 4 hours and 35 minutes. I have never seen another DVR that has this level of flexibilty when it comes to navigation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.