1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gol tv gone effective 9/13

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by cfkane, Aug 29, 2012.

1. cfkane

cfkane AllStar

Mar 14, 2010
    Just got an e-mail from D* stating that Gol TV will no longer be available after 9/13. Doubt the channel will survive now.

2. Mariah2014

Mariah2014 Breaking the mold

Apr 21, 2006
    Somewhere...
    Dear xxxxxxx,

beIN SPORT - NEW! AMERICA'S EXCLUSIVE INTERNATIONAL SPORTS CHANNEL

To show our commitment to delivering you the best value in TV entertainment, we're happy to announce that DIRECTV has added beIN SPORT to your Sports Pack in HD and SD on channel 620. beIN SPORT is the new home of some of the world's most exciting soccer, including Spain's "La Liga", Italy's "Series A" and France's "Ligue 1". beIN SPORT, is the multi-platform sports destination that brings to the passionate fan all the live game action, news, and analysis of the top leagues around the planet, as well as exclusive and never available before content. From European and Latin American live soccer games to news and in-depth analysis, beIN SPORT guarantees first row access to top soccer leagues and major sports properties - from live games to one-on-one interviews.

With the addition of beIN SPORT, GolTV on channel 627 will no longer be available effective 9/13 on Sports Pack.

DIRECTV carries more soccer than any other cable or satellite provider in the U.S. - we are your source for the most international soccer from North America, South America, and Europe.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

3. TJNash

TJNash AllStar

Jun 5, 2012
    San Diego
    Gone from Sports Pak; can we assume it will live on in the Spanish packages?

4. Mariah2014

Mariah2014 Breaking the mold

Apr 21, 2006
    Somewhere...
    Nothing was mentioned about the spanish package and goltv at this point. I would suspect it will be gone from there too.

5. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    German football, Spanish tv package? I'd half expect it to be the other way around; removed from the Spanish, kept on Sports Pack.

6. fsquid

fsquid Godfather

Aug 30, 2006
    Jacksonville...
    crap, how am I supposed to watch Bundesliga?

7. cfkane

cfkane AllStar

Mar 14, 2010
    Would be interested to know if someone who does NOT get the Sports Pack, but does get the Spanish got an e-mail. If not, maybe Gol will still be in the package.

8. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    The email specified 627 but not the channel in the 400s which was also open to sports pack customers. Maybe just an oversight as the other channel was not mentioned as being removed. If you read only the email, it does not say the 400s channel is gone from anything even sports pack. Therefore, I think they just didn't address it and both are gone.

9. cfkane

cfkane AllStar

Mar 14, 2010
    Just spoke with a CSR and she said that the channel will still be part of the Spanish Pack. Whether that is right, I guess we will see.

10. TJNash

TJNash AllStar

Jun 5, 2012
    San Diego
    GOL TV really is a Latin American focused channel that happens to show German football. I believe they only subscribe to the Latin Nielsen ratings.

11. maartena

maartena Hall Of Fame

Nov 1, 2010
  12. richard1428

richard1428 Cool Member

May 6, 2010
    I have mas ultra and did not get the mail. I hope they keep it on the spanish package with the hd feed as well

13. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Currently, the "spanish" version of GOL is the same HD feed of the "english" version of GOL. The only difference is that the guide data is in Spanish rather than English. Both the Spanish and English audio is available for both channels.

14. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    Torrent?

Anyway, low blow any way they slice it.

15. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Low blow?

16. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    To those that will miss Bundesliga matches, yes. Gol will probably be gone by this time next year so it doesn't matter I guess.

17. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    If a channel is up for contract or option and it doesn't have enough to continue, I don't see how that is a low blow. Just business. Tough for fans who will miss some games but a low blow indicates some sort of nastiness. Like hittig someone whn they are down. That is why I was confused.

18. 24Flames

24Flames Legend

Aug 23, 2007
    Just got the email myself. More than a little p*****. I'm a big Bundesliga fan. Great timing on the email, almost at the start of the season. Thanks D* for the consideration. Not to mention the cryptic email. What does no longer in the sports pak mean? Now everyone is left to speculate and their csr's are clueless. You'd think in the 21st century a company could put together a clear , concise email explaining what's happening with the channel. Will it still be part of the Spanish programming? Why bother moving the channel to 627 for a few weeks, what's the point? So I can get a taste of what I'll miss the year? It would very nice if D* would confirm if the channel will remain in any of their packages, but hey, maybe I'm expecting a little too much....

19. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    Well, it's as if D* is telling fans of the sport that they have been offered enough footie with them adding beIN... Be happy with all the english soccer coverage but now one of the lesser offerings must be removed. Feels sort of low blow-ish to me. Hence me posting it.

Perhaps room is being made for Pac12.. Who knows?

20. 24Flames

24Flames Legend

Aug 23, 2007
    Oh, and I failed to mention I also can view GOL TV on channel 456 (HD & SD). Does D*'s email mean I'll also lose access to it on channel 456 come 9/13/12? I have the Premier package and am entirely unclear. Anyone know?