1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Bye Dish Hello U-verse

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tcaba, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Nov 1, 2012 #1 of 26
    tcaba

tcaba New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    What a shame.

Dish used their customers in an attempt to bargain with AMC. Well goodbye Dish it did not take me long to find another service after many years of mostly pretty good service, 11 years I believe. What really ticks me is the fact that Dish does not know what is owned and what is leased. In my case I have/HAD two 622 receivers, one leased and one that I own. Dish is so stupid and anal that you can only see BOTH as being leased......So in the interest of ME and my blood pressure and aggravation and waste of time I'm going to send both back, (no I cannot find a receipt from 2 or 3 years ago).

BUT

I am going to use what would have been aggravating and time consuming to spread the word and pursue all my fellow friends and relatives to drop dish and move to U-verse that can move. I've already convinced one friend to make the jump. No I won't go so far as Charter Cable they really suck and Dish service really was pretty good...it's just the AMC thing showed what Charlie and his gang think of their customers.

Let's see that's $93 a month or $1,116 a year and my bud he's cheaper than me only about $72 a month or $864 a year. Wow that really starts adding up $1,980 and just two former customers.

So I guess Dish was pretty smart when you made the decision to screw your customers huh.

Now I have to endure all the calls wanting to know how Dish can get me back, that's so stupid.

Ohhh, what really takes the cake is because of that AMC crap dish will now give HD for life FREE. Funny I had to cancel my service before any communication came concerning that offer.

Oh well too late. So long and Good Luck you managerial morons. I hope your next screw job turns out better.

p.s. my first task on Saturday will be taking the dish off my house.........................Good bye! :D

2. Nov 1, 2012 #2 of 26
    sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Enjoy the subpar PQ and limited HD streams.

3. Nov 1, 2012 #3 of 26
    MadScientist

MadScientist Godfather

Nov 30, 2004
    all I can say is LOL

4. Nov 1, 2012 #4 of 26
    prabs24

prabs24 Mentor

Apr 7, 2011
    Goodbye tcaba! Dont let the door hit you on the way. Oh BTW guess we will see you again after a year when your Uverse contract runs out! LOL

5. Nov 1, 2012 #5 of 26
    CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    ROTFL-I had to check but was not surprised to see this was post #1

6. Nov 1, 2012 #6 of 26
    boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Agreed.

7. Nov 1, 2012 #7 of 26
    RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    The HD Free for Life deal that's been offered for years now? Yeah. total secret. :rolleyes:

8. Nov 2, 2012 #8 of 26
    sregener

sregener Godfather

Apr 17, 2012
    Um... You're a little late to the table. Dish and AMC reached a settlement and AMC has been back on the air now for almost two weeks. I suppose if one were in the mood to argue, AMC showed what they think of their customers, too, by not reaching a reasonable settlement sooner.

9. Nov 2, 2012 #9 of 26
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    While I can understand your disappointment with DISH it's seldom we read about someone being so happy with downgrading to U-verse. Enjoy your loss.

10. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    lol yeah HD free for life is totally a brand new deal. For sure, I know I never heard of it before the amc deal :rollseyes:

Of all the services, why U-Verse? lmao that is so ridiculously bad.
    Why did you use your noggin and go with D*?

11. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    ^^^ D* fanbois version of fraternity hazing -- in the reverse, or perhaps more like trying to escape from a street gang. :bonk1:

How about a big hearty welcome for the newbie? :welcome_s

:rolleyes:

12. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Hazing? More like expressing their, not they're opinion. We've all noticed you have no problem doing that Nicky. :sure:

13. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Anyone want to take bets as to whether this will be tcaba's first and only post? :sure:

14. ehilbert1

ehilbert1 Godfather

Jan 22, 2007

Dude you picked the wrong forum for your rant. A lot of people here can't wait for a rant so they can pounce on you. Remember you did this to yourself. Now I'll just set back grab some popcorn and watch.

Oh by the way WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! :welcome_s

15. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    Yep, looks like a drive-by.

16. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    Uverse is not a bad survace if you are OK with there HD lite. The voice and internet work well for me but its DirectV for the HD picture.

17. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    You'll be sorry. I had U-verse for two weeks and it was a disaster! It's awful!

18. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    +1

19. litex2x

litex2x Legend

Sep 8, 2012
    Don't forget about digital audio drop outs too!

20. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    According to the less than friendly "welcome" tcaba received here, I wouldn't take that bet. :nono2: