Goodbyes and Thank You's

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Special Request Legacy Items (private)' started by carl6, Jan 28, 2008.

1. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    As Earl suggested, it is time to wish all the R16 first look testers well and thank you all for a job well done. Thanks also to dmurphy for taking on the authoring of the first look document, and to everyone for their contributions.

It can be tough sometimes to see miscellaneous references to the R16 and having to bite your tongue. You have all done an excellent job in that regard.

There may come the day when I shut off my last R15, but the R16 will probably stay alive for some time to come.

Good luck to all.

Carl

2. dmurphy

dmurphy Active Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Well everyone... what is there to say, other than, it's been a blast!

I've had a GREAT time in this field trial, and I really hope that it's been as beneficial for DirecTV as it has for me. I just love trying to break stuff, and it's nice to see that they built something I couldn't break. :)

Anyway, if anyone has any questions, concerns, needs, whatever I can help with, please, just shout! PM away!

Catch ya'll on the flip side ........

Thanks!

-- Dennis

3. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2004
    I just want to say thank you Dennis for putting together that incredible first look document so fast. Also I want to say thank you to all the R16 Field Testers for all the job well done. I can't believe the field trial is over already. It has been a blast and I hope to do it with ya'll again in the future.

Thanks,

Billy

4. dmurphy

dmurphy Active Member

Sep 28, 2006
    I also can't say enough about all the great people that are in this field trial.... I'm the kind of person that thrives on humor, and I think we had a great time here, even long before the units arrived.

I'll miss having our special little club, but I hope to see everyone in the CE forum, and most of all, testing out the CE releases for the R16 as they happen!

See you all in the forums!

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Wow, you guys really stepped it up. I knew you could do it.

When things happen on the cutting edge, they happen fast. Earl and I got the word today, and you got us a first look, today.

Thank you on behalf of the entire DBSTalk.com staff, sincerely. It is a pleasure to work with you.

6. ISWIZ

ISWIZ Icon

Nov 18, 2005
    Great job Dennis. I feel like a baby's been born. Now off to work. See you guys arround the net.

Dave

7. ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    CMH
    Well done on the first look doc. I am very impressed you put something together so fast, I just wish I had more to contribute to it.

So, when is the next field trial ;)

8. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    My thoughts exactly!

9. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    I am with the both of you for this has been fun even though I was unable to make the R16 misbehave.

10. or270

or270 Icon

Feb 12, 2006
    Its be fun putting a new product through it paces, hope to be invited to the next field trial. take care everyone see you in the forums:)

11. lguvenoz

lguvenoz Icon

Aug 22, 2006
    First and foremost thanks to everyone who made our field trial happen. It was fun to be part of.

Dennis the document is awesome. You did a great job, and deserve some big kudos for getting it turned around.

In general it's been a fun test. Not much excitement, but in this case I think it's a good thing. The single best thing was getting the box and opening it up.

It hasn't been a lot of work for us as testers, but us just using these receivers has probably saved DirecTV a lot of future headaches.

Been a blast and see you all around the forums.... maybe the next field trial ;)

12. jutley

jutley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    Man, I got tied up last night (watching the Jazz beat the Spurs ;) ) so I didn't even check the forum until I got to work this morning. I missed alot...

Thanks D* for allowing us to be testers in this field trial. Having been an R15 user early on, I am so impressed with the R16 and how bullet proof it was/is. Great job D*.

Thanks to the forum and the moderators for making all of this happen. This forum has such a great sense of community it makes it a great place to hang out. I don't spend near as much time here as I would like...but maybe some day. It has been great to be a part of the SSRC!

Thanks to Dennis for putting the first look document together. You did a tremendous job in such a short period of time! I know we all contributed our thoughts, but you made it happen.

Thanks to all of the rest of you in the SSRC. It has been a riot. What a great group of people! See you all around.