Google advises towns that want Fiber to 'make it easy' or 'enjoy your TWC'

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by Athlon646464, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Yada Yada Yada DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Google advises towns that want Fiber to 'make it easy' or 'enjoy your TWC'

(engadget.com) - Want Google to bring its Gigabit internet service to your area? You'll have to convince your town to follow Selena Gomez's sage advice: If you want it, come and get it. Speaking at a Washington DC conference, Google Fiber's VP of Access Services Milo Medin said: "If you make it easy, we will come. If you make it hard, enjoy your Time Warner Cable." Chances are, you don't want to stay with TWC like most people, so take note of the usual reasons that hamper Medin and his team from bringing Fiber to particular locations....

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. kucharsk

kucharsk Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    Hilarious, but even in places where TWC is the primary source of high speed Internet there are always alternatives if one hates TWC that much.

It will be interesting as Google Fiber rolls out to see if they start to accumulate the negative reputation that all service providers inevitably do.

1 person likes this.
  3. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    Yeah, I could settle for 1.5 Mbps down/726 kbps up Verizon DSL, but I don't really consider that an alternative.

1 person likes this.
  4. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I wish they'd do the Rural challenge.

I know they won't though since I'me pretty sure they want more than one subscriber per road mile.

I'm hoping Chucky and his cohorts will take on the rural areas with reliable WISPs.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It's times like this that I'm glad I'm in Cincinnati.

6. dualsub2006

dualsub2006 Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    I'm in Northern Kentucky and the fibers are all around me, but CinBell has dodged us because our subdivision is all underground utilities.

Google could buy CinBell for less than one month's food budget in their cafeterias, that'd make me happy.