got my replacement receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jefte1, Jan 5, 2014.

1. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    Well I got my receiver replacement in yesterday for my previous 34 that was having freezing issues. So far so good, time will tell. The recover still is on the 6db ( I think that's it, the original version). I am still waiting to see if it will update to the current version.I will keep everyone updated on this one. They sent me another 34 tho.

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    It should update over night. If it doesn't we can explain to you how to force it to update.

3. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    Thanks Inkahauts, I had it activated last night at 9:30pm...so far it hasn't updated, will see if it does it tonight.

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    since receivers tend to update overnight and Fridays and Saturday Nights are for "some special" downloads, I will give until Monday or Tuesday for update to install

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    Downloaded the update this morning around 3am. So far everything is good...Will be recording my local news as t 6 so we will see if still having problems with pic.

6. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Awesome. Thanks for the update. Keep us posted

7. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    Well so far after a few days with the replacement receiver, I have had zero problems. There is no pixalaztion and even the local news on NBC that i record and watch later has had no problems.So far I guess that it was just the receiver that was causing the problems. Of course I also got the 079e update so that may have fixed the stability issue.

8. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    Update: well, after appx. 13 days my local recorded news had pixelaztion issues. I am beginning to think it had nothing to do with the local station as direct is saying but a hardware issue. Had not a single problem till last night with this receiver. This is going to get old quick.have not decided what I am going to do next.

9. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    You could ask for a service call, the techs seem to be carrying only 44s on their trucks.