Grandfathered packages

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by user, May 24, 2019.

1. user

user New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Is there anyone who is on Grandfathered Package.

Welcome Pack Grandfatherd at 14.99 without locals
    Welcome Pack with Locals at 19.99

Dish America Gold
    Dish America Silver

or anything else

Also, how much are you paying for it

2. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Yes, I have the Super Stations. I think they are $7 is I remember correctly.

3. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Supers here also@$7

4. Jun 5, 2019 #4 of 10
    tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Yep kept my all my supers. I also had the national PBS but that no longer exists. I also have the Westerns Encore Theme channel that I had when you could get each one separately when they were first available. There is no charge for it anymore and i suspect it should have been removed but never was and we are gong on many many years now.

Also grandfathered for the $7 DVR fee.

5. Jun 5, 2019 #5 of 10
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I have been concerned that Dish was not going to keep the Super Stations, as I believe Dish is the only carrier that still has them. Direct dropped them many years ago and since there are no new subscribers, I have wondered how long Dish will keep renewing the contract. Does anyone know why Dish quit selling the Super Station package?

6. Jun 5, 2019 #6 of 10
    scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    In truth, the "SuperStations" are really just local channels now, and could be subject to syndex blackouts (I think). But, as you pointed out - there aren't that many subs to it, and no more new subs, so it might as well be off the radar for blackouts.

7. Jun 5, 2019 #7 of 10
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I think you have a point, the less something is off the radar the better.

8. Jun 7, 2019 #8 of 10
    dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    D* NEVER had them...& several D* subs DID ask for them!

Also while it's true DISH is the only US provider to carry them, both Canadian DBS systems carry at least some of them - in HD I might add - & many Canadian cable/IPTV providers carry them as well. These Canadian providers also carry the local versions of WGN-Chicago & WPCH-Atlanta (which was previously WTBS)...which kinda makes them SS's as well.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  9. Jun 8, 2019 #9 of 10
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I was told by a D subscriber way back in the 90s that Direct had them then. I never have had Direct. I was using my Big Dish at the time. They had the E/W locals and the Supers. I didn't get Dish until 1999.

10. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    I've continuously have had BOTH services in some fashion since they both started...that D* sub is VERY confused, as they never, ever did - 100% GUARANTEE YOU.
    Maybe they were confused to the fact that D* DID carry those stations, as local channels in their respective markets...or they confused the supers with the NY/LA distant nets that D* has always had. But again, they NEVER carried the 5 supers.
    If you can find something to the contrary, (beside what a D* verbally said) please post it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019