1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great SWM 16 Install!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by DFWHD, Nov 24, 2010.

1. DFWHD

DFWHD AllStar

Feb 9, 2008
    With all the bad CSR and install stories we hear, I wanted to pass along my experience with a great upgrade & install I had provided by Mastec at my house in Allen, Texas (North of Dallas) yesterday.

I was running 8 tuners in a MRV SWM LNB & SWM 8 splitter setup I installed earlier this year. I decided to add a receiver in my office and another in my son's room and called D* last Friday. They cut me a great deal, giving me free install and 2 HD receivers for $99. I explained that I wanted a SWM16 and not a second dish and they said they would put in the request.

On Tuesday afternoon, a D* Mastec van arrived within the install window and when the guys came to the door, I asked if they had the SWM16 and they said yes. I showed them a current state / future state diagram I had drawn up and they quickly said they could do it. They said they would have to replace my current dish & LNB (which I expected) and they quickly went to work. A few minutes later a second van arrived and another installer joined in. About 90 minutes later they were done and began checking all the receivers and making sure the MRV was functioning. After a few RBRs, everything was up and running just fine. Probably the best install I've had with D* / Mastec. These guys knew what I wanted and delivered!

Sorry about the long post, but when it works, I have no problem giving kudos.

2. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    I always knew this day would come. I know personally many competent MASTEC techs. I am aware MASTEC has been around the industry for many years. They must be doing something right to continue in existence as others go down in flames. But myself and many others make sure MASTEC has nothing to do with the operation before considering a work situation because of past problems.

You report a superior result. Great!

Hope it continues.

Joe

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Do you remember the tech's name? I'm in Allen, too, and had an excellent experience with a tech named Alfred. He cleaned up a crap install & was top notch.

4. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    The best thing you could do if you have the techs ID and/or your activity number (should start with 1-U) is to type up a short kudos letter and fire that off to ellens office.

5. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010
    Mastec gets a bad rep from the past. They have really stepped it up in quality of work and I have seen a big difference. I work for Mastec and while other areas need improving, they really are focusing on quality.

6. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    That could be the test......even a phone call to get a tech's address to send him an attaboy or a tip can, and has been, considered a customer call in seven days (sin7) and MASTEC offices have been reported to back charge techs for this.

Now they are changing.

Nice!

Joe

7. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    We did that for ours...I hope he got some kudos from higher ups. He was the 3rd guy sent to fix the original guys mess.

8. DFWHD

DFWHD AllStar

Feb 9, 2008
    The lead tech's name was Rob. Nice to know there is another DBS Talk member nearby in Allen!