1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

green color shift

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by quadbill, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadbill

quadbill New Member

Jan 12, 2007
    anyone notice a greenish hue on picture quality with hr20. i have 2 hr20's, 2 different moniters and both have this issue. green occurs on hd channels, standard def channels somewhat yellowish. all connected via hdmi. any suggestions on what can i do or this a software issue?

2. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Nope - no greenish hue - hooked up thru HDMI.

Have you calibrated your TV?

3. quadbill

quadbill New Member

Jan 12, 2007
    yep, video essentials calibration

4. John4924

John4924 Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    Are these horizontal lines that flicker? I have had these and they were caused by ground loops. Can you describe a little more?:)

Cheers,
    John

5. quadbill

quadbill New Member

Jan 12, 2007
    no, it is overall slight green hue, really see it in skin tone

6. John4924

John4924 Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    FWIW, I have 3 HR20s hooked up to different types of HDTVs, and no green hue on any. Do you have a different receiver you can hook up to TV? Do you get "green hue" with this one? If not, what type of video hookup are you using? (HDMI or component?). If you are using component, make sure they are all plugged in tightly. Also, try swapping the cables around and see what happens.

7. John in Georgia

John in Georgia Godfather

Sep 24, 2006
    Did you see this when using "Video Essentials?" Could the greenish tint not be adjusted out?

John

8. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Sounds like your TV's green push or green bias is set too high. These can be adjusted thru the service menu. I suggest a visit to avsforum.com and do a search for your tv model number.

BTW - do you get greenish nasties for your DVD?

But try this - record the HDNet test pattern and adjust your TV using THAT, not VE. You should be able to use that blue filter fine with their test patterns.

9. quadbill

quadbill New Member

Jan 12, 2007
    i didn't notice it when i caliibrated, is it possible the green bias would change on the tv ? also see it on dvd. i'll try hdnet pattern

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.