Griffey unhappy with television poll

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Mike, May 7, 2002.

1. Mike

Mike Icon

Apr 9, 2002
  2. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Its amazing how 2-3 years ago we were talking how this guy would be passing Hank for the home run record. Now he is faltering and will be passed by Alex R. If he just shutup and played, he wouldn't have had this problem. It reminds me of Mo Vauhn and the Angels. Mo is at least playing this year, but the damage to his career is unfixable.

3. Mike

Mike Icon

Apr 9, 2002
    I agree with the analogy and Mo. I was watching the Mets game tonight against the Giants. Mo has 3 extra base hits in 64 AB's this year. Seems like the Angels knew what they were doing.........so far anyway :)

I thught Junior was going to play great in Cincinnati, but he's been hurt so much. I have Angels/Reds tickets in June. I hope he plays at that time as I would really like to see him play in person. Outside of seeing (hopefully meeting) George Grande and seeing Dunn play, there's not a whole lot on the Reds team that is interesting to me at this time.

4. Charles Oliva

Charles Oliva Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Not thar I take any joy from Griffey's injuries. But I have no sympathy for him. He pouted when they built Safeco Field. He pouted when the M's traded Unit. He pouted when the M's traded him to the Reds on their terms. He pouted when the fans in Seattle turned on him because of his pouting. He pouted in spring training, and here he pouts again. What a malcontent. It's too bad, for he was a very good player.