Grocery store with pirate ship, railroad bridge and more

Discussion in 'The OT' started by dpeters11, Sep 25, 2012.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    If anyone saw Shipping Wars last season where a guy in a Wizard's robe received a pirate ship, his new store just opened about 40 minutes from me.

It opened today, I'll need to check it out. This isn't an every day average grocery, the owner is...eccentric. These pictures don't include the railroad bridge he bought, etc. Supposedly the chicken wings are in an airplane.

One pic shows two porta-potties. In his other store, there are signs on them saying "No carts please" and were award winning.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbc...BIZ01&Lopenr=209250801&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    So this is a second location?

I have never been in a Jungle Jim's personally but from what I have heard from those who have, it's an experience!

3. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Is this a grocery store or a theme park?

4. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    I want to ride Pasta Mountain, the cart rollercoaster.

;) :D

5. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I have been to Jungle Jim's several times. It's a neat place that has every crazy food you could think of. It's ~ 40 minutes from me.

I have only been to the Fairfield location, I didn't even know he opened a store in Eastgate.

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Little bit of both. His northern location has a monorail that he bought from Kings Island, and has operational. He has the General Mills mascot band, the Cheerio's Bee on drums. They have their own animatronics shop.

It's certainly an experience. I think it's actually been on Modern Marvels.

Not the kind of place I'd do my day to day shopping at, but fun to go to. It's a store that if they don't have it, it probably doesn't exist. Rattlesnake is available in the meat department.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    He bought the Biggs out there when they closed. Hard to believe, but the Eastgate location is larger. Today is the first day, and they expect an average of 100,000 shoppers a week.

8. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    As a matter of fact, it was! It was in the "Supermarket" show.

9. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I had always wondered why someone has not tried to copy the idea especially in some place like Orlando. Was in Orlando this past weekend and took the kids to World's biggest McDonald's - What a zoo. However I never dreamed there would be a day I could get Eggs Benedict Panini or hand tossed Pizza at McDonald's but you can there..