1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Data for Wrong Channel after Channel Sharing Starts

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by jsk, Jul 21, 2018.

1. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    I have a 722K and I have noticed that whenever a station starts channel sharing (and you have to rescan to get the channel again), then the guide data is wrong. It shows the guide data for the station that they are sharing with and not their own. I reported this issue to Dish via chat and they said they would pass it along to their operations people. I assume everyone is having this problem.

I’m having the problem with the following channels in the Baltimore-Washington area:

○ 20-1 - WDCA - MyTV (Showing guide information for 5-1 WTTG - Fox)
    ○ 24-1 - WBFF2 (was WUTB) - MyTV (Showing guide information for 45-1 WBFF - Fox)
    ○ 50-1 - WDCW - CW (Showing guide information for 14-1 WFDC - Univision)
    ○ 68-1 - WJAL - Heartland (Showing guide information for 9-1 WUSA - CBS)

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Hopefully DISH figures this out for OTA channels. Local channels sharing the same OTA transmission breaks the way DISH links OTA received channels to satellite delivered EPG.

Michael P likes this.
  3. zippyfrog

zippyfrog Mentor

Jul 14, 2010
    We are having this issue in the Chicago area. Right now, our Univision channel (channel 60) is sharing with our ABC channel (channel 7) so the ABC guide shows up on channel 60. NBC/Telemundo are sharing as well, so NBC is showing up on Telemundo. And our FOX and CW channels are channel sharing, so the FOX epg shows up in both.

4. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Same thing in Cleveland with WOIO-19 & WUAB-43. The correct guide data for WUAB is on the satellite-delivered version but the -2 subchannel is not carried on satellite. Since both stations have a -2 subchannel WUAB 43-2 gets WOIO 19-2's guide data.

5. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    Do you think this is a problem they can solve without an update for the older receivers, like my 722k, which they are no longer updating?

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    We'll see if they can fix the guide on the more current models first. :)