1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Data

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by scglowic, Apr 26, 2010.

1. scglowic

scglowic Mentor

Feb 26, 2007
    Anyone else having problems with the guide data? Every channel says to be announced. I have a hr21 that is acting up. my hr20 is fine.

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    Just seems to be 665 CSN CHI and 603 VS

seems to be tied to the game and VS is still blacked out as well and game is way over.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    This is usually a symptom that you have the wrong dish type selected on your HR21's Satellite Setup. Or, if you have the 5-LNB SlimLine dish, it might not be receiving signals from the 119ºW satellite.

What dish do you have? Look at the photos here ....
    http://www.solidsignal.com/p/?p=2709&d=directv-dish-antenna-types&mc=02

Press and hold the remote's INFO button to see the dish your HR21 is currently configured for. Do they match?

4. tenholde

tenholde Mentor

Aug 17, 2007
    I have 2 HR21s. Only one of them just recently started doing this.

tenholde

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Couldn't he just compare the dish setup on the HR21 to his HR20? :sure: :)

- Merg

6. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Did you try to restart the receiver? Sometimes that causes it to download the guide data.

7. scglowic

scglowic Mentor

Feb 26, 2007
    I have the 5lnb slim line dish for hd. Just checked the setup and it's all correct. I tried restarting the hr21 last night and it still didn't work. Going to try a RBR also to see if that works.

8. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    What are your signal strengths? More specifically those for the 119. You might not be getting updated guide data due to problems with signal from the 119.

If you post your levels we can help from there. Also if you reset the unit twice within 30 minutes that will flush out the old guide data and force the box to start from scratch with guide data.

9. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Doing an RBR is not going to do anything different than a menu reset and in fact is probably worse. When you perform a menu reset, the receiver shuts down all the processes it is currently running and then resets. Performing an RBR is like hitting the power button on your PC without first shutting down Windows.

- Merg

10. scglowic

scglowic Mentor

Feb 26, 2007
    It's all back to normal now. Not sure why it did this but I shut down from the menu and not a RBR and it all was fine.

11. jared52

jared52 AllStar

Sep 24, 2007
    This happens all the time to my H20. We have to reboot the reciever (menu reboot) 3-4 times a week because the channels all come up To Be Announced. It used to mess up my favorites list every time and I'd have to go back and add channels it seemed to lose. The favorites thing stopped but the TBA still happens frequently.