Guide missing "Season/Episode" designation

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JerryMeeker, Jul 13, 2017.

1. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    When i upgraded to SWM/Whole Home and a HR54 Genie in June, one of the first things I noticed was that the guide prefixed series lists with "Season/Episode" information. However, starting on Saturday, 7/8, a number of my series are missing this information. For example, Sunday's recording of Twin Peaks shows as "Part 9" in the guide, not "S1/E9 Part 9". Similarly, Saturday's Orphan Black episode is showing as "Ease for Idle Millionaires" without the "S5/E5" prefix.

Anyone else noticing this? I haven't tried rebooting the Genie--not sure what a reboot would be necessary.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Yeah here too and really random

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Monterey...
    I'd leave Twin Peaks out of any discussion as to what's normal. I deleted E1&2 combined, but it later recorded them separately again, after I deleted the whole series. Then Part 9 was recorded on the 9th. No S1 E9 or anything. An anomaly.

But you'll see differences depending on how the distributor coded them. For most, you'll get proper season and episode numbers.

A single reboot won't help, but a double reboot within 30 minutes after the first one is completed- and you get a picture— will delete the Guide and a new one will be rebuilt.

4. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    Seems ok to me on my HR-44.

5. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    I have had several shows that are missing the s#e#. Deathbed confessions is missing them and a future episode pilots & astronauts is missing them.

Attached Files:

6. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    When looking at Other Showings for Twin Peaks, Showtime East drops the Season/Episode prefix, while the other Showtime channels retain it. Very strange indeed. Twin Peaks showings.JPG

7. frapnitz

frapnitz Cool Member

Nov 20, 2008
    My HR-24 never had S/E info; however, my HR-44 did, from day one, but within the last week, it has all gone away. Very disappointing. I assume it is a problem with the Guide source......but.....not double re-booting just yet.

8. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    I suspect it isn't a DTV issue but either the guide provider or the actual network providing the information. I've always found it somewhat iffy anyway

9. augisdad

augisdad AllStar

Sep 29, 2011
    KC area
    It appears to be quite rampant now. No new show since Monday has it. All of my Conan for the week sort below all of the S#|E# episodes now. The Strain, Salvation, Orphan Black, Game of Thrones, Preacher, Animal Kingdom, Shooter, Wrecked, Suits, all with new episodes are no longer showing Season/Episode. Only if it's a repeat, do they still show up.

10. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Check the sd channel, it may be there.

11. augisdad

augisdad AllStar

Sep 29, 2011
    KC area
    According to the Directv forum, they say the program provider is no longer sending it. Nobody knows why.

12. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    My HR44 spontaneously rebooted at 10:30am this morning. No power loss or sat signal loss was seen. It just rebooted. I thought that it received new software, but that's usually in the early morning hours and the software version (d1e) was the same.
    I then noticed that S/E data was now shown in the guide for some programs. I knew of this thread, but didn't really check which programs had the S/E missing.
    Maybe this reboot fixed this missing info?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  13. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    I have found some series now missing - didn't find before. There seems to be a bunch of issues with whomever provides DTV with their guide data (probably to others also). Seems as if DTV would have enough power to get proper guide data or do it themselves. There is also the issue with certain programs that don't show up as new because they were previously broadcast in the UK or elsewhere - they certainly should be able to get all that set to first showing in the US

14. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    I have an episode the didn't have s#e# in the do to list that recorded last night that now has the s#e#

15. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Strangely enough, tonight's episode of Twin Peaks has the S1/E10 designator, with only episode 9 missing the information.

16. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Monterey...
    Yes, as I said, Twin Peaks is odd in many respects.