1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide/Time Problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dukefan, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dukefan

dukefan Legend

Dec 4, 2006
    Last night, we had Desperate Housewives recorded on both the HR10 and the HR20 - neither is set to pad the recording in any way. On the HR20, the recording seemed to start just before the end of the "previously, on DH" section, and it only recorded 1Hr1Min. On the HR10, the recording started perfectly - just before the "previously" and recorded 1Hr2Min ... and ended just after the "Next week on...".

So, this is a two part question:
    1) It appears as though the HR20's clock is about 20-30 seconds behind the Network clocks - I've noticed several shows starting 15-20-30 seconds "later" than when they should on the HR20. Is there anyway to properly sync the clock with what the networks are broadcasting on? I'll use my standard refrain: Never had a problem with syncronization on the HR10 :).

2) I presume that the 61 min on the HR20 vs. the 62 min on the HR10 is a guide problem?

Thanks for help or corroborating experiences...

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I don't know the answer to your question but I do know that ABC changes the times all around to sell ad time in shows thatget more revenue. They'll steal a minute from Brothers and Sisters and add it to Desperate Housewives so they can sell it at a higher rate. It's kind of BS (bull-silliness) but we're powerless to change it. I set DH to pad before and after the program and it generally works.

3. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    I have noted that the HR20 clocks vary widely throughout the day from standard time. I've seen the clock swing from about a minute off to just a few seconds off.

Cheers,
    Tom

4. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    Dukefan,
    Consider yourself lucky. Last night my HR20 recorded DH with 1HR1Min of black screen.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Recordings seem to play about a minute into the recording & RR will show scenes that would not have shown with "play". My recordings always seem to end early, as if my "clock" is set fast. FWIW

6. sbcale

sbcale AllStar

Aug 19, 2006
    Same here, the recording always ends just before next weeks scenes.

7. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    I have the same problem... my wife loves the upcoming previews and oftentimes we don't get them or they get cut off.

8. dukefan

dukefan Legend

Dec 4, 2006
    Again - note that the HR10 recorded 62 minutes while the HR10 recorded 61. That says that the Tivo guide stream got an update that the DTV didn't.

Further, if the HR20 is not synced properly with the networks, then we are forced to pad everything, which then in turn, screws up season passes where shows are back to back.

I've had Tivo for 7 years now; never had such an issue on those boxes (with the clocks).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.