1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gut Swap Questions R22-200 works HR21-200 does not what to swap

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by adabob, Jun 18, 2013.

1. adabob

adabob New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Hello,

I have two DirectV DVR's I own a
    HR21-200 which sometimes has a blue screen and does nothing, power on and off same thing.
    Sometimes it starts and I get a code 14-875

I bought on Ebay a R22-200 which works, does anyone know what parts I can swap from the working
    R22 to the HR21 to get it to work?

Also I'd like to not have to get new cards as the HR21 I wish to keep and the access card is working.

Does this make sense? What parts can not be swapped which will affect or mean getting a new card?

Thank you :bang

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    14 | On Screen Text: “Internal Storage Error Detected. So it's the HDD

3. adabob

adabob New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    I just took the hard drive out and attached it to a PC ran some seagate software and it said the drive was fine?
    Anything to check for sure what is wrong?

4. adabob

adabob New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    can you just buy the same bare drive and swap it or is there some copying that needs to be done to the drive?

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If you have an active account, just call Directv and they will send you a replacement for your broken model...at most it will cost you $20 S&H...Chances are high you'll get a newer model anyway, why mess with an old one thats seen better days?

6. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    As to the hard drive, I think you can just replace it and when you start up the unit it will properly format and use the drive. There is a thread somewhere that provides more information, try a search. There are also threads about replacing the drive while retaining recordings, which is much more difficult. I would not recommend trying that.

As CCarncross suggests, check with DirecTV and see what they can do for you.