1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H-10 Question: Any HD channels left I can receive?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by laramr, Jul 14, 2009.

1. laramr

laramr Mentor

Oct 20, 2005
    An old SD box I had in the bedroom went. Dug an H-10 out of the basement and went and bought a 32" Sammy. Everything looks SD. Are there no channels I can still receive in HD with that receiver?

Output is set to 16:9, 720p. Feeding with Component cable until I get to monoprice for HDMI. Dish is new slimline. Baltimore locals.

Was going to wait for football season to get a DVR and move the H20 to the bedroom, but I guess I have to do it now?

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If you have the slimline that only sees 99-101-103, then no, there is no HD you can get on an H/HR10...there are a few channels in the 70's that are still mpeg2 HD but they are on 110 or 119 which you cant see with the SL3 or whatever its called. They are due to go bye-bye very soon IIRC.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Your H10 can receive local digital & HDTV stations using an off-air antenna.

4. netconcepts

netconcepts Legend

Jan 20, 2007
    I have an H10 left over when I upgraded and use in the bedroom. The HD-OTA tuner works well.

The only national channels left that are not part of the HD Extra package are
    HDNET
    TNTHD
    HDTH
    ESPN
    ESPN2

All in the 72-79 range. I expect that they will go away in the near future.
    I also have the standard 5LNB dish as well.